• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Can't see one.... are we all just pretending this isn't happening because a lot of us don't think it's a good idea? Or have I missed it?

I've just seen a picture of the Dobbin family on Twitter having just arrived, their football shirts are half Southend, half Cambridge. They seem incredibly forgiving, which has absolutely surprised me. I think if it was me I wouldn't want an opposition shirt or colours anywhere near me!

As not all of us are like the ppls who put Mr Dobbin in that situation like that in March 2015, I hope there is a good turnout as the funds is raised to support him & his family's.

I'm just concentrating on the football.

Only a week before the season starts and should be a good workout for both sides. We are still a couple of players short of the squad that we need for the season though.

A chance for people to influence Brown and get their name on the starting sheet for Blackburn Rovers or at least on the bench.

There is another pre match thread but it's almost exclusively about why the game should not have taken place, together with a poll on the subject, so this one merits being here in its own right I reckon. Sadly, I don't think that there will be a very big gate but leaving that aside I'm impressed at the approach the Dobbin family have taken to this game. Leaving aside the Southend supporter presence the real test of this will be how many home supporters turn up.

On the football front this is the last opportunity for the squad to gel and develop tactics before we take on Blackburn. Therefore it is an important game for us. I'm reckoning that Phil will start with the same 11 as against Brighton, injuries permitting. Maybe Oxley will replace Ted.

Interesting to see Ba and Klass starting- two that I think will very much be part of the first team set up this year. Great opportunity for both starting verses league opposition.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF54A26W0AAhC8J.jpg

The line up is an interesting mix of youth and experience. UTB

For us lazy buggers

DF54A26W0AAhC8J.jpg

No Coker or McLaughlin is not good news.

Not sure there have ever been so many talking points surrounding a pre-season game like this. So can someone please update us....

How is Deegan's beard looking?

Thanks

Blog: Cambridge United 0, Southend United 0

SOUTHEND United are in action at Cambridge United this afternoon in their final pre-season friendly ahead of the forthcoming League One season.

More...

I've got live text on the OS. Logged in to ifollow where it says commentary to begin soon. Anyone actually got commentary???

15’
Fortune tries his luck from 25 yards out but sends his shot wide of the target.
11’
Blues win the first corner of the game which Kightly swings in but the hosts clear.
10’
Ikpeazu tries to force a way through but Oxley is quick to the ball and intercepts.
8’
Blues have settled well in the game and are the ones seeing most of the ball.
15:02
We’re underway at the Cambs Glass Stadium!

15’
Fortune tries his luck from 25 yards out but sends his shot wide of the target.
11’
Blues win the first corner of the game which Kightly swings in but the hosts clear.
10’
Ikpeazu tries to force a way through but Oxley is quick to the ball and intercepts.
8’
Blues have settled well in the game and are the ones seeing most of the ball.
15:02
We’re underway at the Cambs Glass Stadium!

That doesn't sound like commentary! If there isn't any I'll go downstairs to do some work. I can come up for tea and scroll through the text........without losing too much of the excitement! :smile:

Back