• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cambridge United

General Easterly

From BBC News Website.

Cambridge United have this afternoon been placed into Administration with debt of £900,000. They have been deducted 10 points.

The directors on the Cambridge website have been quoted as saying that as they have now been relegated there is no prospect of them trading profitably next season and therefore paying off their debts.

---

So another club goes into administration, how many more?
sad.gif

This has to stop happening with clubs. It's not fair on them and there loyal fans.

sad.gif

Yes but how, WCS? How can (or rahter why?) creditors allow clubs to run up huge debts with no assets? Leeds are 80 MILLION in debt! If I get £200 overdrawn my bank ring me up and tell me to do something about it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ April 29 2005,17:45)]This has to stop happening with clubs. It's not fair on them and there loyal fans.
Why, Hils? The ruling has been brought it to try and ensure that clubs are financially viable and not living beyond their means and 'punish' those that do. If the fans want to blame anyone, blame the owners of the football clubs, not the Football League. You have to look at the bigger picture.

I suspect Cambridge United decided to go into administration once relegation had been confirmed so that the ten points would be deducted when it would hurt less. Having ten points deducted at the beginning of next season would effectively end their campaign for a return to the Football League before its starts (since the Conference has applied the same ruling for some time now).

Rumour has it that West Ham were to apply to go into adminstration this week if the play-offs were out of reach for the very same reason.

WS

They're fiddling the rules as Mike has said so it's not really like they're not completely in control of their future

Margate have done the same thing in Conference South, waited until they were relegated before they went into administration. Fair play to them, if the loophole is there, exploit it.

hornchurch have done it as well when they had enough points to avoid relegation after the deduction....
its a loophole that takes the **** somewhat.. maybe deducting a point per game for the next ten league games would be better.. makes it a bit more of a gamble for clubs hoping to do a hornchurch and also carries some of the penalty over to next season for the likes of cambridge

Back