• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Thinking of taking my camera to the game tomorrow.

I know its prohibited to take any pictures of the game itself, but is there any issue in taking a DSLR camera into the ground ?

My camera (Nikon D200) is fairly big especially with zoom lens, but its not professional levls.

Thought it would be nice if we did pull off promotion, and may be able to get some pictures of the North Bank from the South lower.

with the large proportion of people having camera phones, its almost un-inforcible now days, so i probably wouldnt worry!

I've taken mine to a few games this season, also with a zoom and got some brilliant photos. Nobody has said anything to me about it, i'm in East Greens and hoping to get some good celebration photos tomorrow!

That sounds promising, if you can get away with it in the E greens must be fine.

Doubt Ill get any thing from the South lower but if results were to go our way would kick myself to miss the opportunity.

I'd say its a bit of a risk personally. Most big events operate a policy where anything over the size of a normal compact digital is prohibited. I have a friend who works in the music industry as a photographer and she's tried to take her SLR into gigs before and been unable to.

Whilst others might have got away with it on less important match days tomorrow is a day where said professional photographers could make a pretty penny from any possible celebratory scenes.

I'd ring the club to check today to save you having to cart your camera home if refused on entry.

A gig will always be harder, although last few Ive been to they seem to be relaxing a bit.

No one will see the camera on entry anyway and I wont be taking pics during game, if we go up I think it will be too late to start telling people to stop taking pictures :)

Anyone taking a camera, please get plenty of shots of the North Bank.

Would like them to go on TBV website....

I always take a small camera to concerts and never had a problem,even though they have large signs saying you can't. As Davros said, most phones have a camera so nowadays it's very hard to stop it. I can't say i've ever noticed many professional photographers at Roots Hall and if they're only for your own viewing i can't see a problem.

At the 02 there was an announcement saying it was ok to take pictures, so maybe the venues are changing policies.

I did have security jobsworth tell me to put my camera away at earls court once and I was only take pictures of my friends in the seats about an hour before the gig. He then stood there for the whole gig staring at me in case I took my camera out, whilst a thousand flashes continually went off throughout the show :)

Anyone taking a camera, please get plenty of shots of the North Bank.

Would like them to go on TBV website....

Ill try from the south lower, but cant imagine they will be great, and there might be a goal in the way.

My husband has taken his big camera (its a canon SLR something or other) which he has taken into East Blacks a number of times and has never had a problem. I think that if you tried to sell the pictures it would be a different matter though!

It's against League rules to take photos in the ground. The Stewards at Torquay the other week were getting on anyone they saw taking any photo, even on smartphones. I've seen people pulled up on it before as well. Ipswich in our last Championship season, certainly and a few other times as well.

That said, there seems to be a more relaxed attitude about it at Roots Hall.

At the end of the day, the worst that can happen is a student asking you to stop. By that time you would have got a load of pictures anyway.

The only time I have ever seen problems with cameras at a football has been at England games at Wembley, although one person actually had a camcorder rather than just a camera. :nope:

My girlfriend has taken her camera to every game she has ever been to, home and away, and nobody has ever said anything.

Doing a bit of searching and it seems that the rules are specific to the players on the pitch including warm ups. Outside of this it seems to be the clubs decision how strict they want to be.

Back