• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I wonder how David Cameron will get out of this one. A very knowledgeable guy on the radio said that DC would have known that part of his inheritance was benefiting from the tax haven, as his father had been using one for decades, and also more alarmingly, that DC is still benefiting from that policy set up with the tax haven, today.
All this politician talk about gathering the correct tax and stopping tax havens from being used, and yet most rich people and rich politicians seem to be at it.
To be fair, if I was stinking rich, I would probably do it as well.
But the point is, how can David Cameron make these speeches about tax havens, and tax avoidance, when he is now linked to it himself?

I wonder how David Cameron will get out of this one. A very knowledgeable guy on the radio said that DC would have known that part of his inheritance was benefiting from the tax haven, as his father had been using one for decades, and also more alarmingly, that DC is still benefiting from that policy set up with the tax haven, today.
All this politician talk about gathering the correct tax and stopping tax havens from being used, and yet most rich people and rich politicians seem to be at it.
But the point is, how can David Cameron make these speeches about tax havens, and tax avoidance, when he is now linked to it himself?

When Jimmy Carr got done the politicians were all over it,tut tutting blah blah blah.

Cammy has nowhere to hide but no doubt will get away with it.

If I had big money would Defo do it myself.

He has said he doesn't hold any shares in the company. However, he refuses to say if any of his family do! A tax expert has also said it would be impossible for him to not know where his inheritance is coming from (or words to that effect).

He has said he doesn't hold any shares in the company. However, he refuses to say if any of his family do! A tax expert has also said it would be impossible for him to not know where his inheritance is coming from (or words to that effect).

Yes most of these rich people just put the shares or other things it suits to hide, in another family member name. So they still own them really, but not in name, to avoid this and that, mainly tax. That's why he won't answer the question as to whether any of his family still own the shares. They will probably be got rid off very quickly now, but the cat is out of the bag.

Yes most of these rich people just put the shares or other things it suits to hide, in another family member name. So they still own them really, but not in name, to avoid this and that, mainly tax. That's why he won't answer the question as to whether any of his family still own the shares. They will probably be got rid off very quickly now, but the cat is out of the bag.

However bad this looks, it is important to point out that this is a moral issue, not a legal one. Camerscum's father didn't do anything illegal, and nor has he.

He's unlikely to hold any shares in the company. However he almost certainly is a beneficiary of a trust holding shares in the company.

So he's a hypocrite and a politician. In other news, bear droppings found in woodland area.

I'm not arguing with that! I'm just making the point that nothing illegal has happened. It does, however question his judgement (as if that needed questioning given previous gaffes) and how low his morals are.

It also calls into question his assertion that we're all in this together.

This could get quite interesting as long as that damp squib Corbyn doesn't miss another open goal.

He has called for BOT to be taken back under direct rule to close these tax loopholes. I wonder if that would include The Falklands seeing as Argentina has had her terrotorial waters extended and have started rattling sabres again.

This could get quite interesting as long as that damp squib Corbyn doesn't miss another open goal.

It's embarrassing but no more. Cameron will be a beneficiary rather than having any control over it.

In fact it's more likely to distract from the issue and if it's embarrassing it will actually hinder steps being taken as it'll become too political.

I think the bigger story is lack of transparency enabling money laundering, but already people have moved on.

It's embarrassing but no more. Cameron will be a beneficiary rather than having any control over it.

In fact it's more likely to distract from the issue and if it's embarrassing it will actually hinder steps being taken as it'll become too political.

I think the bigger story is lack of transparency enabling money laundering, but already people have moved on.

I think it's a little more than embarrassing given the We're all in this together speech, and more speeches he made about clawing back tax from big corporations and individuals using tax loopholes and tax havens.

I'm not arguing with that! I'm just making the point that nothing illegal has happened. It does, however question his judgement (as if that needed questioning given previous gaffes) and how low his morals are.

I know you're not! A good friend of mine who isn't George Osborne's brother :winking: works for a large London firm dealing with VAT. Now, VAT is 20% isn't it, so why does my friend even have a job concerned with VAT, I mean it's simple isn't it, you pay 20% right? - wrong. His job is basically to find loop holes for anyone that can afford his services and it's all legal. Funny old world indeed.

I know you're not! A good friend of mine who isn't George Osborne's brother :winking: works for a large London firm dealing with VAT. Now, VAT is 20% isn't it, so why does my friend even have a job concerned with VAT, I mean it's simple isn't it, you pay 20% right? - wrong. His job is basically to find loop holes for anyone that can afford his services and it's all legal. Funny old world indeed.

In fairness VAT is actually a minefield. I studied accountancy and actually found it extremely complicated. After all, there isn't just one rate of VAT. Technically there's three rates: 20% standard rate, 5% reduced rate and 0% zero rate. That last one shouldn't be confused with items that don't attract VAT at all, although in practice it's the same.

I also have my own company and I pay VAT to HMRC on a flat rate scheme. So I charge VAT at 20%, and pay it over to HMRC at 14.5% of my gross turnover. These flat rate schemes were set up by HMRC to make it less complicated (you don't have to net your turnover against your costs whilst also knowing which costs attract VAT). Because I have very few business outgoings that attract VAT it means I make a little extra on the side. I suspect it also makes HMRC more because they probably find fewer mistakes that need staff to rectify.

VAT isn't at all simple!

That was of course Boy George.:smile:

So David Cameron has finally admitted that he and Samantha held shares of 5000 in Blairmore Investment Trust set up by his dad, which sold for about £30,000 in 2010. That's a big u turn after saying he would never benefit from money held offshore to avoid tax. He also can't or won't account for money made by his late father.
Let's face it, he never expected to be caught because of the Panama privacy laws. All this was never meant to be made public. But he has been caught in the same net as all the other tax avoiders.
At least..... ''They're all in this together.''

It's now not enough for a party leader to be scrupulously clean; but their dead parents have to be as well.

First the Mail had a go at Ed Miliband over his dead father, now Cameron's dead father for having investments and leaving them to his kids.

There's not even any allegation of illegality.

This is ridiculous (although poorly handled by Cameron).

Shouldn't we be focussing on the likes of Putin's cronies' laundering of their bribes?

Back