• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The real "story" is that tax havens like that in Panama should be cracked down on.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/09/panama-papers-tax-havens-thomas-piketty

Until we see Cameron's pre-2010 tax returns, (which we won't), nobody can say for sure that he hasn't done anything illegal.

What he has done is certainly unethical even if it's not illegal.It is also hypocritical, given that he has previously called for more openess with regard to international tax havens,without revealing (until now) that he has benefited from their use.

And the same can be said of you on each of your points pot kettle black.

You're right of course.But how many people do you know whose Daddy has left them 300,000 quid and their Mummy 200,000? http://www.bbc.com/news/uk

None I suspect.

For someone who went to Eton I think just £500,000 inheritance would put them on the posh poverty line. No wonder he is embarrassed about it all.

All his old class mates will get millions. How would you like to turn up at the next gathering of Old Etonians and everyone in the room knowing your family were poverty stricken chancers and you don't really belong in such esteemed company.

Last edited:
For someone who went to Eaton I think just £500,000 inheritance would put them on the posh poverty line. No wonder he is embarrassed about it all.

All his old class mates will get millions. How would you like to turn up at the next gathering of Old Etonians and everyone in the room knowing your family were poverty stricken chancers and you don't really belong in such esteemed company.

Surely, you're not asking us to shed any crocodile tears for Panama Dave? :winking:

Surely, you're not asking us to shed any crocodile tears for Panama Dave? :winking:

Certainly not, the mans a disgrace. With his background and connections and he has only avoided £80,000 in tax. I've avoided much more than that over the years with simple tips from friends and my accountant.

I know you like a bit of tax avoidance and why not. After all I've spent my money far more wisely than any government could. The result is that lots of local people have benefitted by me delaying payment of the right amount of tax. In the long run the government will get far more because of my efforts.

Figures disclosed, I believe. Whilst what's been done may seem a bit dodgy to the uninitiated, by the scale of some people, Dave has done little - if anything - wrong.

I wonder if Blair is so open to having his and Cherie's accounts scrutinised?

Figures disclosed, I believe. Whilst what's been done may seem a bit dodgy to the uninitiated, by the scale of some people, Dave has done little - if anything - wrong.

I wonder if Blair is so open to having his and Cherie's accounts scrutinised?

Exactly, as I stated above, what did you honestly expect? incriminating or overly immoral actions to be revealed??? :smile: Blair's accounts would certainly make more interesting reading than those which have been released today. I think if you were trying to show that there is little difference between Tory and Labour actions by citing Blair you may be on dodgy ground as far as I am concerned. I would consider Blair as the successor to Thatcherism (never mind what he called himself)..........Cameron is in the process of taking those ideas even further than that lady could have dreamed of.

Last edited:
For someone who went to Eton I think just £500,000 inheritance would put them on the posh poverty line. No wonder he is embarrassed about it all.

So will he when his mum dies.

These are up front payments that avoid inheritance tax, his actual inheritance will not be just this £500k.

These are up front payments that avoid inheritance tax, his actual inheritance will not be just this £500k.

Still its for the best, I'm sure you don't begrudge him his inheritance. Phoney Toney had a war with Iraq to earn his money, made millions in the USA

What's worse 500,000 dead or £500,000 in inheritance. If it could only be one, which one would you put on trial.

Last edited:
The real "story" is that tax havens like that in Panama should be cracked down on.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/09/panama-papers-tax-havens-thomas-piketty

Until we see Cameron's pre-2010 tax returns, (which we won't), nobody can say for sure that he hasn't done anything illegal.

What he has done is certainly unethical even if it's not illegal.It is also hypocritical, given that he has previously called for more openess with regard to international tax havens,without revealing (until now) that he has benefited from their use.

1. Why, what's it got to do with you or I....Nothing

2. No it's not. Do your homework before putting fingers on keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPTrQ5phv0

Still its for the best, I sure you don't begrudge him his inheritance. Phoney Toney had a war with Iraq to earn his money, made millions in the USA

What's worse 500,000 dead or £500,000 in inheritance. If it could only be one, which one would you put on trial.
Erm.....what?

You posted saying that Cameron's £500k inheritance would look silly next to the other Etonians - I was just letting you know that isn't his inheritance, merely an advance payment.

I haven't said I begrudge him an inheritance. I don't know what this has to do with Tony Blair and Iraq but if you want to talk about that I have no complaints. I'd suggest it's not that relevant to the thread about Cameron's reluctance to talk about Panama but feel free, just don't drag me into it please.

So, TUIB. You obviously know more than a tax expert then.

BBC gets put in it's place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPTrQ5phv0

Your as bad as the leftie media, making a political crisis out of a non story.

Nobody's suggesting, (including me), that Cameron's post-2010 tax affairs are illegal.They are most certainly unethical and hypocritical (for the reasons I explained before), however.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the Commons this week, now that MP's are finally back from their Easter hols.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/10/howard-marks-dies-aged-70

Actually,it's mainly the right-wing Tory press giving Cameron a good kicking.Presumably on the grounds that he's the titular head of the remain campaign.

PS The sound quality in your link is really poor.

Last edited:
I do hope that none of the people accusing Cameron of "immoral" behaviour have an ISA.

There's a big difference between an overseas investment vehicle that is set up with the purpose of avoiding UK tax requirements, and a government designed and encouraged savings system with the aim of promoting personal savings.

Last edited:
Back