• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Paul Smith be out for a while , Cameron Belford is being lined up for his third loan stint at the Club.

Unless Smith misses in which case Bentley will keep goal against Exeter.

Source : The Echo.

If Belford re-appears is this a sign no one wants him or we lucky to possibly have him back?

Even loopholes have loopholes.

We have a fit and able keeper in Dan Bentley who is signed to a pro deal and we should be getting told 'tough ****' in regards to re-signing Belford.

Personally I'd give Bentley a couple of games, assuming Smith will be back in a week or two.

PS was very cagey about this in his BP interview yesterday.Apparently, Smith was due in for training today.I'd imagine if he is only going to be out for one game, then Bentley will be making his debut tomorrow.
If it goes bottoms up against Exeter (or if Smith is going to be out for longer than 1 game)I'd expect PS to move to get Belford back in on loan on Monday.

Time to let Bentley have a go - What is the point in having him on a pro contract if he doesn't play when needed? Anyway he seems a capable enough deputy.

PS was very cagey about this in his BP interview yesterday.Apparently, Smith was due in for training today.I'd imagine if he is only going to be out for one game, then Bentley will be making his debut tomorrow.
If it goes bottoms up against Exeter (or if Smith is going to be out for longer than 1 game)I'd expect PS to move to get Belford back in on loan on Monday.

It might be too late by Monday as you only get 5 days, I believe to make your mind up if you want him back.

So it might have to happen today or not at all!

Luggy said he felt Bentley was up to it hence why he was letting Belford go back to Bury. If he is a man of his word then Bentley should play if Smith is out for any time.

We do however have the additional issue of only having one 'keeper available at the moment as Chambers is out on loan and I think got a straight red in his last game so has a 3-match suspension. If Bentley got injured in tomorrow's game as early as Smith did on Tuesday we'd really be in trouble! (Bring back Bilel!)

Cameron Belford could be heading back to Southend United for third loan spell

CAMERON Belford could be heading for a third loan spell with Southend United.

More...

I think this is the only paragraph you really need to read.

“A decision will be made this morning and if he’s out for a little while then we could well look to bring someone in because I don’t want to put the boy Bentley in to a situation he’s not ready for.

I thought the 5 day deadline was last night ?

If we can get him back short term then fine, but if Smith is only out for a week Id probably cross my fingers and give Bentley a go.

Although if he isnt deemed ready thats not a sign we should get rid of him either, still very young.

Harsh on Bentley really. He is young but is not a 15/16 year old kid. I cant help but think we really should be giving him a go now. If PS dosent think he is good enough then maybe its better he either goes out on loan or is moved on as he is learning little sitting on the bench and it must be very demotivating knowing he can never start.

FFS why doesn't he just tell Bentley he doesn't want him to play !
Not playing him now whilst Smith is injured will do him more damage than putting him in IMO
Give the boy a chance

FFS why doesn't he just tell Bentley he doesn't want him to play !
Not playing him now whilst Smith is injured will do him more damage than putting him in IMO
Give the boy a chance

Why will it ?

He is still young and if he isnt ready thats no reason for it to be damaging. Him coming in and losing us a game would be a disaster for him.

If its one game then Id not have an issue with him if PS thinks he is ready. If he isnt ready then should definitely be send out on loan, needs to get some experience somewhere.

Back