• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't get this. How much further is his career going to go by sitting on the bench at Bury?

He says he loves the club, and yes he has come back before and I am grateful for that. But if he is so fond of the club, why is he not helping us out when we really need it?:thumbdown:

The only reason I think that he wouldn't want to have come is that he doesn't want to keep coming and going between Bury and Southend. Or maybe he has something else lined up?

Indeed, pretty well nailed on for what every pro should want, selection in first team for a club he states he loves along with their fans. Yet he turns it down!

And maybe he doesn't want to appear to be our 'bitch' who just turns out for us during emergencies. You can't blame the guy for feeling a bit miffed that we didn't want to keep him permanently but would like him to step in as and when. Good luck to him and I hope he gets some permanent football somewhere as No 1.

Belford probably doesn't think he can get first team football as often as he wants with Smith, regardless of how long his injury may be and may see himself as just a stop gap. Would prefer to see Bentley given a chance anyway.

'Sorry Cam but you're just not good enough for us to offer you a contract but please feel free to come back again and again when we're in the mire' I know if someone asked me to do that I'd certainly tell them where to poke it. Don't blame him in the slightest and wish him well.

Don't blame him, we're taking the mickey a bit by asking him to come and help us out every time we need someone to go in goal. If Smith's only going to miss 1/2 games then I'm quite happy for Bentley to play. Let's see what the lad's made of.

Don't get this. How much further is his career going to go by sitting on the bench at Bury?

He says he loves the club, and yes he has come back before and I am grateful for that. But if he is so fond of the club, why is he not helping us out when we really need it?:thumbdown:
Because he's probably only going to come back play 1 game and sit on the bench for the rest of the month.

Belford is quite within his rights to turn us down this time, he came back once to help out, why should he keep doing that? I would imagine he'll be looking for a "better" loan move than us. Again.

Good luck to Bentley...all players deserve their break, even if it is due to the unfortunate injury to another player.

I dont blame Belford for not wanting to come back...hes been 'used' as a stop gap once too often IMHO, told by Southend that he wasnt wanted at the end of last season, only for a complete U turn at the last minute and eating a dollop of humble pie, was asked to fill in again, when we appeared light in the goal keeping department...then not signed permanently at the end of this loan period as a 2nd experienced keeper at Southend. (I would have had Smith and Belford as the two main keepers and put Bentley out on a season loan for experience).

So Bentley started and we won, meanwhile Gazzaniga made his first PL start for Southampton, who also won, these cheeky young keepers eh

Back