• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

applelover

Coach
I cannot think of a single reason (other than the fact that they are not Gordon Brown) that would motivate anyone to vote for a party in which any of these three hold sway.

I voted Liberal in the last election and I feel like an absolute mug. If this utter circus continues on I fear that I might be forced to vote Labour next time around. Luckily I was just too young to vote in 1997 and so wasn't conned into giving Blair the mandate to destroy the last traces of hope for a better tomorrow.

I'm socially liberal, hate what the welfare state does to people, and believe the EU project is fundamentally flawed. However I believe that austerity is the last thing we need and believe that the government actually has a duty to actively stimluate the economy to provide people with employment in the private sector if possible. I'm a climate change cynic but believe that sustainable renewable energy should be the great project of our age.

I hate being taxed to buggery!

Who the hell can I vote for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In some ways I have a certain amount of sympathy for Cameron.

As part of the coalition agreement Clegg is entrusted with keeping his party members in line and getting rid of under-performing ministers, something he singularly fails to do.

As a result of that, Cameron can't get rid of the tory ministers he wants shot of as it would show weakness (so his influential backbenchers believe) to see him sack a tory and not a lib-dem.

He's therefore left with a cabinet that he doesn't really want. It's well known in Whitehall circles that he's particularly unhappy with Michael Gove and Andrew Lansley but is hamstrung by the situation he finds himself in to do much about it. Splitting the coalition or splitting the party is the Hobson's choice he has.

Put that together with a somewhat underwhelming budget that George Osborne cobbled together, and the opposition he's getting from the civil service mandarins, and the result is inevitably a government that is unable to govern.

He's in an impossible situation, heading a party that hasn't won an election in 20 years, fronting a coalition that's anything but a partnership.

You could argue, though, it's of his own making, after being unable to win an election against the most unpopular PM in a generation, and possibly the most hated in 2 or 3. You have to look at yourself if, the day after facing up to someone like Brown in an election, you still haven't gone down the road to kiss hands with the Queen.

I cannot think of a single reason (other than the fact that they are not Gordon Brown) that would motivate anyone to vote for a party in which any of these three hold sway.

I voted Liberal in the last election and I feel like an absolute mug. If this utter circus continues on I fear that I might be forced to vote Labour next time around. Luckily I was just too young to vote in 1997 and so wasn't conned into giving Blair the mandate to destroy the last traces of hope for a better tomorrow.

I'm socially liberal, hate what the welfare state does to people, and believe the EU project is fundamentally flawed. However I believe that austerity is the last thing we need and believe that the government actually has a duty to actively stimluate the economy to provide people with employment in the private sector if possible. I'm a climate change cynic but believe that sustainable renewable energy should be the great project of our age.

I hate being taxed to buggery!

Who the hell can I vote for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news is there aren't any easy short-term (or even medium-term) economic answers to the mess that we are in. Conservatives, LibDems and Labour politicans are all equally uninspiring and untrustworthy IMO but it is still better to vote for any of them than be tempted into voting for some of the more extreme fringe parties as people are starting to do on the Continent

Back