• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

allseeingeye

It's cammo day at the Hall tomorrow. Anyone coming to the game in army gear or putting on the war paint? Great cause Help for Heroes but not sure I'll fit into my cadet uniform anymore.

I'll be there in some camo trousers. Undecided on either urban camo or desert camo?? Be nice to show the lads in the army and that our support. Also look nice on the football league show as i believe we're getting Mark Clemmit in town tomorrow. Could this mean we get more than 3 minutes of footage on the football league show???

As I tweeted earlier, I may wear last season's shirt, best camouflage ever seeing as pretty much the whole team vanished as a result of wearing it.

Not got any so will stick to club colours. Ridiculous idea, just have the collecting buckets out, I, and I'm sure others, will happily donate but why do they think we should dress up like we're in Soldier, Soldier?

I think the clubs PR people deserve some praise for arranging this today of all days as this could be done any week but it looks like some thought has gone into the date for full media coverage as there are no prem games and of course our opponents today have a well known TV host as their most famous supporter. So after all that has happened over the last few months I for one would like to say well done to whoever decided that today was going to be the day we have camo day :thumbsup:or have they just got lucky?;)

The soldiers are brave men, who turn over their hearts and their minds to those who they know not. Brave yes. Stupid, dangerous and mind controlled, yes. I do not support their stupidity because it leads to the deaths of the innocent. Do not celebrate them in my stadium.

Last edited:
Please don't let him bring any guns, grenades and rocket launchers as I don't want to be woken whilst the football is being played.

He has been told to keep the guns etc at home! we went to the Gills game Tuesday and he asked if my friend was going to be there....he meant you Ken!!

The soldiers are brave men, who turn over their hearts and their minds to those who they know not. Brave yes. Stupid, dangerous and mind controlled, yes. I do not support their stupidity because it leads to the deaths of the innocent. Do not celebrate them in my stadium.

One of the most disrespectful posts I have read on here.

Disgusting.

IF you dont agree with the politics blame the politicians, the armed forces are paid to do a job and are doing what they are paid to do.

Theres 3000 dead people in the World Trade Centre who were innocent and murdered by men from Al-Qaeda who were allowed to operate from Afghanistan.

Whether we will achieve anything there is doubtful as its a huge mess but to do nothing was hardly an option and its disgraceful you blame the servicemen sent to do the job.

Id rather them in the stadium than someone who makes those comments !

**** off.

Disgusting.

IF you dont agree with the politics blame the politicians, the armed forces are paid to do a job and are doing what they are paid to do.

Theres 3000 dead people in the World Trade Centre who were innocent and murdered by men from Al-Qaeda who were allowed to operate from Afghanistan.

Whether we will achieve anything there is doubtful as its a huge mess but to do nothing was hardly an option and its disgraceful you blame the servicemen sent to do the job.

Agree 100% with that.

Disgusting.

get over yourself princess

Disgusting.

And that was how long ago now? Ninth anniversary next week, isn't it?
Time to bring the troops home, methinks.
FWIW, I fully agree with you that "to do nothing was hardly an option."
It seems to me however,as you also imply,that our continued presence there will ultimately achieve nothing tangible and that as soon as US and other troops pull out, the country will eventually revert to being controlled by traditional warlords and the Taliban will eventually return to supplant any puppet or so called "democractic" Government that the West tries to impose on Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Back