• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Camp Bling

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I drove past Camp Bling for the first time last week.

Has anyone else noticed that there is a large sign on display saying something along the lines of "There are children living here, please be considerate".

Is it 'considered' good parenting to raise small children in a favella with no heating/hot water surrounded by crusties drinking super strength beverages?

If so I am going to have to put my mum into a home because she obviously let me down as a child.

You did not see all the sign.

It reads "There are children here please be considrate and give donations of soap and water generously. Thank you"

Camp Bling is a farce...

Save The Trees? They wouldn't need saving if you hadn't cur a few down to make a temporary shelter. And if they're all for saving the environment, why do they use Tarpaulin, a Non-Biodegradeable material made using fossil-fuels?

and what is the significance of hanging a yellow push-bike between two trees?  
suspect.gif

But yes... totally agree about the kids thing. Typical case of brain-washing ur kid into believing your cause. its a very hypocritical sign. Our loud music in our cars wouldnt bother your kids if you werent making them camp out along side a main road!

i for one support these people.. as i am the closest living supporter to the ground, they are not far away. I think what they are doing is marvellous

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ May 09 2006,15:34)]Camp Bling is a farce...

Save The Trees? They wouldn't need saving if you hadn't cur a few down to make a temporary shelter. And if they're all for saving the environment, why do they use Tarpaulin, a Non-Biodegradeable material made using fossil-fuels?
Interesting point you make. The construction industry has been promoting the importance of sustainable development for sometime now. This meaning "meeting the needs of today without compromising the future". The most effective way of developing sustainably is by using renewable sources such as timber. So, my confusion with tree huggers is that while they continue to protest to protect the environement by holding trees to ransom, they are somewhat contradicting there values, ethics and principles for protecting the environment.  
rock.gif

The problem, to widen the debate, is not the need for larger roads or sutainable energy. Its to do with people having too many babies, thus causing congetsion everywhere and non-sustainable supplies being used up.
I don't understand why my taxes are being used to pay for the likes of Lizzie Bardsleys 8 kids. people should get child benefit for the first kid and that's all. We used to call it family planning.
I think the kids on camp bling will grow up understanding austerity and be free from the greed of todays "must have it" kids.
The protesters might smell but you want to come on the train at Basildon and have a whiff at some of the fake bronzed munters who get on the train.
Not washing...has been proven to be ok because the body generally can clean itself with its own oils, unless you eat lots of meat and/or saturated food which the crusties don't.
I think they're f*&^ing great myself and am more at odds with the apathetic people in society who do bugger all and get treated like sh!t all their life.

Come the glorious day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 09 2006,22:34)]Interesting point you make. The construction industry has been promoting the importance of sustainable development for sometime now. This meaning "meeting the needs of today without compromising the future". The most effective way of developing sustainably is by using renewable sources such as timber. So, my confusion with tree huggers is that while they continue to protest to protect the environement by holding trees to ransom, they are somewhat contradicting there values, ethics and principles for protecting the environment.  
rock.gif
To contradict my earlier soap box somewhat what you say is true.
Dig up a tree, plant another one.
Use some petrol and its gone forever.

Moidern development however is not using alternative brown route sites and seems to want to carve through anything as the crow flies.

Interstingly enough in my eco-warfare research there is evidence that the native river vowl is becoming extinct because animal libbers are releasing minx into the wild which are causing havoc with the natural spieces of all the areas.
sad.gif

I might not agree with the eco debate 100% but modern society is destroying the future for our great grankids, but we won't be alive to see that so f*&* it eh?

Developments would be a lot more sustainable of they built houses like they used to.. Out of great big brick n stone walls and decent high quality timber..
Modern housing with plasterboard this, and heat frdly polysterene that wont last 30 yrs before it has to be knocked down and built again..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 10 2006,07:27)]The problem, to widen the debate, is not the need for larger roads or sutainable energy. Its to do with people having too many babies, thus causing congetsion everywhere and non-sustainable supplies being used up.
I don't understand why my taxes are being used to pay for the likes of Lizzie Bardsleys 8 kids. people should get child benefit for the first kid and that's all. We used to call it family planning.
I think the kids on camp bling will grow up understanding austerity and be free from the greed of todays "must have it" kids.
The protesters might smell but you want to come on the train at Basildon and have a whiff at some of the fake bronzed munters who get on the train.
Not washing...has been proven to be ok because the body generally can clean itself with its own oils, unless you eat lots of meat and/or saturated food which the crusties don't.
I think they're f*&^ing great myself and am more at odds with the apathetic people in society who do bugger all and get treated like sh!t all their life.

Come the glorious day.
Artful you're just a soapdodger!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 10 2006,07:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ May 09 2006,15:40)]Typical case of brain-washing ur kid into believing your cause.
... so when your kid says he wants to support Col******r you'll take him will you?
ok, fair point, but i wouldnt force him to live on a camp-site by the side of a main road through winter.

The bit which gets me on this is the Save priory park bit........
Priory park is being kept , its just losing a small bit off one edge.
The trees being felled are being replaced 2-1 and more fuel is burnt by cars crawling in traffic queues than those travelling at 30 mph.

Has anyone seen them the evening before the bin men come, they take all their rubbish and place it outside the houses of those who have paid council tax and are therefore entitled to have a rubbish collection......:angry:

Don't get me wrong.....

I'm all for peoples right to protest and I would much rather be sitting in a field drinking Special Brew and smoking 'jazz' cigarettes than be at work in front of a couple of computers.

What does upset me is that by being at work in front of a couple of computers in am partially funding those who choose to protest by sitting in a field drinking Special Brew and smoking 'jazz' cigarettes.

Unless of course they are all independently wealthy and accept no state benefits at all.

Also, if there is one thing history has shown us it is that peaceful protest gets you nowhere.

Look at Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jnr. Where did it get them? I wouldn't want to swap places with them, that's for sure.

If England had chosen to protest about the German invasion of Poland in 1939 by erecting a shanty town and getting ripped to the t!ts on super stength lager and funny fags then we would all be speaking German, working in a Kinder/Muller factory and listening to David Hasselhoff and the Scorpions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SARF @ May 10 2006,09:26)]Developments would be a lot more sustainable of they built houses like they used to.. Out of great big brick n stone walls and decent high quality timber..
Modern housing with plasterboard this, and heat frdly polysterene that wont last 30 yrs before it has to be knocked down and built again..
Again, another interesting point. If you go back even further to the days when they use to build dwelling using nothing but natural materials you will find that straw was a common material. These days, architects such as Bedzed are redintroducing the idea as it is believed to be a better insulater than modern day methods. Although this means walls will be about 2ft wide, comprimise will have to made and I firmly believe this will become common again in the future.

Camp Bling is a farce. All the people who live there are complete tw@s. Making their kids live in those conditions telling us to be considerate and the fact they want to save the envrionment even though they are doing more damage by building tree houses on them

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ May 10 2006,13:00)]If England had chosen to protest about the German invasion of Poland in 1939 by erecting a shanty town and getting ripped to the t!ts on super stength lager and funny fags then we would all be speaking German, working in a Kinder/Muller factory and listening to David Hasselhoff and the Scorpions.
Instead, we're speaking a strange hybrid of Australian and English, with an intonation at the end of each sentence? Like? This?, seeing loads of redundancies, and listening to manufactured rubbish...

laugh.gif

Back