• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Campbell Vs. Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone thought that maybe Sol just doesn’t rate him. How many times have managers come into clubs and a player the fans rate the manager doesn’t and they don’t play him. We don’t see training and we don’t see what Sol sees.

I like Sol, I trust his judgement as performances have massively improved even though he has a very thin squad to select from. I like Hutchinson think there is a good player in there and I’m sure there is good reason why Sol has left him out. Maybe he doesn’t fit with the style of play he wants or he doesn’t think he fits into his squad.

Are you seriously trying to argue there is no conspiracy theory? You won't last much longer on here.

As it happens I don't rate Hutchinson at the moment. I think he has the makings of a good player, but he's too lightweight. Give him time to bulk up and he could well be a good player. I just don't think he is yet.

Are you seriously trying to argue there is no conspiracy theory? You won't last much longer on here.

As it happens I don't rate Hutchinson at the moment. I think he has the makings of a good player, but he's too lightweight. Give him time to bulk up and he could well be a good player. I just don't think he is yet.
Eh lightweight? Have you seen Egbri?

But I think it does. You used Shaughnessy coming on as proof of something. I'm offering an alternative view.

Moreover, you're asking the wrong question. You're asking if Hutch or Sol will win. Given you're saying Ron wants him here and Sol doesn't, surely the question is if Ron or Sol will win?

Valid points, and yes I did use Shaughessey as an example, but there are various others I could have used from the last month or two, to highlight that this omission isn’t a one off, and there’s something more to it, than just team rotation.

It’s blatantly obvious that Sol has dropped him, and is reluctant to use him, and whether that is the right thing to do or not, is yet to be seen.

And of course, there is that argument that it’s Ron Vs Sol in reality, but I didn’t want this to become another Ron bashing thread, as there’s plenty of those about, as it is.

And maybe, this issue is bigger than just simply bashing Ron. He takes 99.9% of the blame for this mess, of course, but that doesn’t mean that Sol is beyond reproach in his actions - if indeed he is guilty of anything at all

Unbelievable FBM, 15 minutes cameo and he was awlful, I agree first pass went into no man space but he has the vision to lay it off where he hoped Egbri would be, second and third touches you saw his frustration as it went nowhere, FFS he’s not yet 20,will you criticise Rush for the miss last night or Seadon for the goal
Give him and the youngsters a break, what is going behind the scenes is awlful and I believe only one winner, and when we get another youngster leave, score against us, then the same old comments will send SZ into meltdown, why did we let a good one go
I know you have the right to opinions but please these are kids starting off, it’s hard enough getting grief from away supporters but your own .....

Hang on... I am one of the ones on here most supportive of the kids. Saying someone was awful for 15 minutes hardly constitutes unwarranted abuse. He's a professional footballer for God's sake. If he is unable to handle that he's in the wrong job!

As for Rush and Seaden, does saying that the keepers inexperience cost us the goal last night count as "grief"? If so, guilty as charged. I haven't commented on Rush. He should have hit the target, but didn't. I was waiting for the net to bulge; it didn't. Is it his fault? Yes, no-one else's. But everyone makes mistakes. Next time he'll probably score from there. That's how it goes.

But a player making a mistake is one thing; a player not having the tools in the locker to make that mistake is another. I stated that Hutchinson had positive qualities, and he certainly does. But in my opinion the poorer side of his game outweighs the good. That's my opinion. It's not scathing, vitriolic or abusive and if he's on the pitch I am absolutely right behind him

I've absolutely laid into the senior pros on here this season- as we all have - but am very, very supportive of the kids as will be seen by many of my other posts on here. Perhaps have a look at some of those.

Valid points, and yes I did use Shaughessey as an example, but there are various others I could have used from the last month or two, to highlight that this omission isn’t a one off, and there’s something more to it, than just team rotation.

It’s blatantly obvious that Sol has dropped him, and is reluctant to use him, and whether that is the right thing to do or not, is yet to be seen.

And of course, there is that argument that it’s Ron Vs Sol in reality, but I didn’t want this to become another Ron bashing thread, as there’s plenty of those about, as it is.

And maybe, this issue is bigger than just simply bashing Ron. He takes 99.9% of the blame for this mess, of course, but that doesn’t mean that Sol is beyond reproach in his actions - if indeed he is guilty of anything at all

Just on that, there's 2 points.

• I wouldn't necessarily see that as a Ron bashing thread
  • There's nothing wrong with a Ron bashing thread
:Winking:

I like him and think he’s got a decent future in the game, hopefully for us. But whoever said he neglects the simple pass, runs into a crowd and loses it is absolutely spot on. Last time I saw him he frustrated the life out of me as it was just a constant cycle of him holding the ball too long and losing it.

Just on that, there's 2 points.

• I wouldn't necessarily see that as a Ron bashing thread
  • There's nothing wrong with a Ron bashing thread
:Winking:

Hey, I’m with ya. I love a good cyber effigy as much as the next person.

I don't think Hutchinson is the kind of player Sol is prioritising right now. We're so much weaker than everyone else that his foremost plan has to be to get us organised and harder to beat. Then you never know, a goal from a set piece or a slice of luck and we have a chance.

I really don't get all the fuss about Hutchinson. He's not exactly a world-beater, is he? Mind you in this squad you become a great player just by not playing for a few games.

It is quite likely that Hutchinson doesn't want to be here. If so the manager has quite rightly decided that he only wants commited players in his team.

It is quite likely that Hutchinson doesn't want to be here. If so the manager has quite rightly decided that he only wants commited players in his team.
Think you will find its the other way around,but I appreciate your view

Like Lennon situation,the manager only had to talk to the player ,rather than ignore,similar to Hutchinson

I believe this is the case aswell, and once again Good old Ron has balls'd up by not selling him to Wimbledon.

Another Ron special!

Why did Hutch leave Brighton? did they just not fancy him. Don't know if anyone knows but as always there are rumours and I cant be arsed with all of that to be fair.

I like the lad, more suited to a number 10 role in my opinion, but he has something I lie in that he tries to play the right way. He is lightweight but am sure that will change over time, my biggest issue is that he takes too many touches and gets crowded out rather than make the pass and go for the return or find space after making the pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Egotistical, pig-headed. Cutting off his nose to spite his face. Anyone could see that 20 minutes of Hutchinson was going to give us far more chance of getting an equaliser than say Egbri.
But his bloody-mindedness soured what had been a battling performance up to then.
Mark my words, if we are proposing to get out of League 2 in an upwards direction next year, then we don't want someone in charge who is treating us as his hobby, who gets sidetracked by little personal vendettas.

Can't agree with this one bit. I was a bit dubious at the appointment but God has he got us playing football and mostly with the youth team. They work hard, they are fitter, it's a long time since I saw such quick one touch football as I witnessed last night.
We had the chance to equalise when Rush went through one-on-one, And all I can say is that if this is what Sol can achieve With his hands tied, I hazard to think what he will achieve when he is able to bring his own players to supplement our youth. All credit to Ricky Duncan, what he achieves with the youth players is incredible. And I for one love to watch Egbri, His workrate is phenomenal and he never bottles a challenge.
I personally am so impressed with what Sol has achieved in the circumstances

There is some utter s*** being posted on here. Including Isaac doesn't wan to be here or is a problem

He was actually manager of Eastbourne United with whom he had. a 40% win rate. The local derby vs Eastbourne Town was marred by the extreme behaviour of the Town ultras, a supporters group recently highlighted in an article in The Guardian.
A man with Campbell's self described intellect should be able to rise above such petty matters. It wasn't so long ago he aspired to be mayor of London. In the unlikely event of that ever becoming a possibility he would be subject to far more intensive scrutiny than he is now. Gems such as 'I don't know', 'It is what it is' and 'somewhere up north' wouldn't win many votes.

I have no intention of running Hutchinson down. I agree there is a decent footballer in there. However, for the moment, while he is good on the ball his decision making is poor. Can't remember seeing him win a header or even challenge for one with any conviction. He just doesn't fit the way Sol clearly wants to play.

The only way you could accomodate Hutch in the team is to build it around him. He definitely isn't good enough for that to happen. We had the same problem with Jack Payne and so have other managers that Jack has played for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back