• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cam's playing for keeps

Evening Echo

The News
CAMERON Belford wants to help Southend United win promotion this weekend and then join the club on a permanent basis.

More...

Agreed, would be happy with him and/or Daniels in the keeping positions next season. I like Belford, he seems a character and he is a more than competent keeper.

Morris is average at best and his 'poor spell' when he made several vital errors and looked very shaky appears to have cost us in our title bid. Without starting a witch hunt against Morris (Like I say, he is ok), the defence looked very nervy during his return to the side - post Daniels.

It was a shame for Morris as before his injury against Torquay at home, he was playing well. Daniels coming in and being kept on seemed to have a bad effect on his confidence IMHO

Would like to see mr BOOM voice stay .He sures up the defence with his shouting every defender knows what he wants and he has brought back the confedence that has been lacking before he arrived on loan .

Belford commands the box and gives the defence confidence.
He is our best keeper by miles and must be signed !

Belford commands the box and gives the defence confidence.
He is our best keeper by miles and must be signed !

Wouldn't say there are miles between him and Morris....

Morris was just not on form when he came back from injury.

He is damn good though, and would love him to sign.....

depends on the division we are playing in next season if we dont go up we will not be signing anyone, bentley will be number one lining up behind many yoofs and a couple of oldies

Couldn't find the poll on whether we should sign Belford or not. Anyway, Luke Daniels has signed a new contract at West Brom so I'd definitely be in favour of keeping Belford on now.

Couldn't find the poll on whether we should sign Belford or not. Anyway, Luke Daniels has signed a new contract at West Brom so I'd definitely be in favour of keeping Belford on now.

...don't think so, nearly put us out of our misery very early, far better out there than this cocky little ****.

...don't think so, nearly put us out of our misery very early, far better out there than this cocky little ****.

The chance that he 'presented' to their guy in the first half was as a result of a horrible bobble on a backpass he only had one chance to hit. Hardly his fault. Their keeper also struggled with clearances in the second half for the same reason - the pitch was bobbly.

And how many one on ones did he save through the season?

Who do you suggest? Let me guess........Flavs
Nope....thought you all wanted a tall dominating keeper...this one aint that and also will prove to be worse than Morris, blimey he sulked when Bury dared drop him!

Could do better, but could also do worse. Only remember 2 mistakes in all his games. Both against Crewe, where he dropped a ball for a corner in the first game and the bobble back pass last night.

Would be happy of we signed him, but wouldn't be overly fussed if we didn't

Not only was there the pass that Wiggy mentioned (which sorry I dont care if there is a bobble that was awful) but there were other poor kicks last night, they werent as horrific but I did get rather nervous whenver he got the ball last night.

Didnt realise Luke Daniels had signed a contract, with that in mind I still think Belford can be a good signing, but I have doubts now I didnt have a week ago.

As Ive almost agreed with Wiggy on something Im off to swim in bleach.

Looks to have dodgy tendancies from time to time......I hope it doesn't cost us too dearly if we sign him. Confidence is a huge factor in goalie form.

Not only was there the pass that Wiggy mentioned (which sorry I dont care if there is a bobble that was awful) but there were other poor kicks last night, they werent as horrific but I did get rather nervous whenver he got the ball last night.

Didnt realise Luke Daniels had signed a contract, with that in mind I still think Belford can be a good signing, but I have doubts now I didnt have a week ago.

As Ive almost agreed with Wiggy on something Im off to swim in bleach.

Both keepers struggled kicking from that penalty area last night, it was like Arthur Fowler's allotment in there. Whether you like or dislike Belford it's ridiculous to use a couple of dodgy clearances in a bobbly penalty box to judge his ability as a goalkeeper. If you're kicking him out for that, then you are also going to have to kick out the defenders for passing back in those conditions and the groundsman too.

Belford's done very well since he arrived. He's demonstrated in the time he's been here that he is a class above Morris (who is average, no more, no less for this division). However we need to get the best option in for next season. In the absence of any top notch keepers becoming available in the summer surely no-one would seriously pick Morris over Belford given the choice?

Back