• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can anyone handle Peroni ??

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Chaps and chappess's ....I have been drinking Peroni now for near on 5 years and it never cease's to amaze me at how quick and blind drunk I get on this juice , I'm pretty much fine with any other beer but this just does me every time ......Trouble is I like the stuff and don;t really drink anything else now when I go out .

Its not just me though as all my pals fall victim to this beast and I am sitting amongest a few sorry looking work colleagues as a result of last nights Peroni exploits .

I think I need to man up as I think I only had about 6 pints last night and am in bits still !!

So does anyone else full victim of this tipple ?

Not Peroni, but I often have similar effects when on Red Stripe. That stuff is lethal to me.

I'm the same if ever I drink Stella, I've drank solidly for hours and been fine, then had one Stella on top of it and I'm everywhere. Not that I make a habit of it, horrible, horrible lager.
Peroni is nice, though I've never really sat and drank more than a few bottles of it.

I'm a big fan of Hobgoblin if that counts, just sometimes when your in a club it looks a bit weird standing their with an ale.

They had Peroni at our work do last night. Lots of broken people in the office today.

They had Peroni at our work do last night. Lots of broken people in the office today.

Oh dear . Ales is where its at as SWT says , Old Toms a nice one (10%) nice Broadside 6.2% , the Essex Beast they had at last years Ale feast in Rochford 10% , thats what you want ;)

I don't have problems with continental strength lagers like Pironi and Stella but always struggle with a four pack of Kestrel super and a temazepam suppository.

Oh dear . Ales is where its at as SWT says , Old Toms a nice one (10%) nice Broadside 6.2% , the Essex Beast they had at last years Ale feast in Rochford 10% , thats what you want ;)

Broadside's just too nice to be that strong. I could quite happily sup that all evening.

Ever tried Adnams Tally Ho!? It's a winter beer, but managed to try some at an Easter beer festival about 15 years ago. Been looking for it ever since

Broadside's just too nice to be that strong. I could quite happily sup that all evening.

Ever tried Adnams Tally Ho!? It's a winter beer, but managed to try some at an Easter beer festival about 15 years ago. Been looking for it ever since

Not that one no , tried their green eco beer quite nice , and lighthouse . Oddly on tap its 4.2% yet 6.2 in bottles ??
Can't remember teh brewer but the make Victory ale along with one called Dark Lord which is nice.

Not that one no , tried their green eco beer quite nice , and lighthouse . Oddly on tap its 4.2% yet 6.2 in bottles ??
Can't remember teh brewer but the make Victory ale along with one called Dark Lord which is nice.

Batemans! One of my favourite brewers, they used to do (probably still do) a Salem porter, that was stunning.

Oh the memories, I need a beer festival NOW!

I approve of the way this thread has been subverted to good beer.

KoB - is Batemans based round your way?

XXXB:thumbsup:

I approve of the way this thread has been subverted to good beer.

KoB - is Batemans based round your way?

XXXB:thumbsup:

Alas no, it's a Lincolnshire based brewery. Discovered it whilst working in a real ale pub near Southend, and I've yet to have a less than average pint of Batemans

I am a proud Peroni drinker, and i have to admit if i stick to just that i am fine, no hangover and seemingly still with it! but if i mix just one other drink with it even gnats **** like fosters i get a mammoth headache. So the moral of the story is drink Italian lager only.:happy:

Back