• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can anyone help?

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
I've been getting a problem recently when I've gone on to certain websites (and no, not what you're thinking before you start!) and the Internet Explorer has re routed back to Google, without me doing anything.

The latest site is the Official Club site. It loads up the front page with the advert fine, but if I click enter, before I can read/do anything, it goes back to Google. In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, it brings up the internet address www.metadirect.co.uk and then a load of code after that address, before flashing an address including http://keywordsearch.com and a load of code after that, before the page shows as Google.

What the heck is going on? It used to happen when a site didn't exist, or wasn't a valid address or whatever, but this has happened to a site (the official site) that definitely works and has the correct address.

Has anyone had this happen to them before or knows what the problem could be? I've deleted all temporary internet files incase it was anything to do in there, but it's still doing it.

Arghh!!!!!
sad.gif

Sounds like a bit of Spyware on your PC. Download Adaware from here: http://download.com/3000-21....=button and then run it and it should find any files on your PC that aren't suppose to be there. Just follow the steps and get rid of them and you will be OK hopefully.

Cheers, Dave. It seems to have worked a treat. Quite frightening that there were 524 pieces on there. Even more so though, as I already had a piece of spyware removal software that didn't pick any of them up.
rock.gif

Just wondering, does anyone on here use Shareaza? It's been quite noticeable that the PC has been slower since I installed it, and I can't use many other things at the same time as it, as the PC can't seem to cope, despite being pretty powerful. Has anyone had troubles with it? As that might be the source of my problem.

Thanks again though Scriv.
smile.gif

I use Shareaza with no problems (although it's been hard to get connected to it since I installed XP SP2 where I believe there is a problem with file sharing progs). Shareaza is the best file sharing I've ever used in terms of not getting a load of other sh*te installed on your PC at the same time.

Back