• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can friendship with opposite sex ever be purely platonic?

Friends or not?

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Had to start my Friday Poll early today as I am off on a stag weekend in a hour or so.

This weeks poll as the title suggess is about having women as friends. A bloke I used to work with mailed me in the week about going for a beer which is cool and we have agreed a meet up. He is a top top bloke but I find it a bit weird that his best mate is a woman - yet he had a wife?

I have two close "friends" who are birds who I have worked with in the past and we often go out for drinks/dinner etc etc but got to say given the chance I would like to snake them both senseless. The only reason it hasn't happended as these "friends" clearly dont fancy me - I suspect they are both Lesbians.

My mate Kev tells me that he has never ever thoguht about his best friend in a sexual way and they just "hang out". He said he never even looks down her top if she bends over which is just mad.

What do you think lads. Is it possilbe to have female friends that are just that friends and NOTHING else.:thump:

I will go out on a limb here and say YES, it is entirely possible to have a platonic friendship with a member of the opposite sex.

There is one condition though if it is to work.

Either you or your friend (or both) must be completely and utterly minging!

I will go out on a limb here and say YES, it is entirely possible to have a platonic friendship with a member of the opposite sex.

There is one condition though if it is to work.

Either you or your friend (or both) must be completely and utterly minging!

This is my principle....And in fairness if a bird was totally rough then I dont think I would ever go out for a drink with her.:flamer: :guns:

Yes it is possible to have a close relationship with the opposite sex, but as men we will always wonder what it would be like to slip one in, unless of course she is a rough bint as you say DtS

One of my longest and dearest friends is a Women. As a teenager of course i wondered but thats all. I love this person dearly and its purley plutonic. She is a looker as well, before the is she a minger questions start.

So in answer to to your question Davros yes it can happen

I voted yes, simply because I know several people that have good friends of the opposite sex.

For me, however, it never seems to work out. I'll become friends with a girl and inevitably we will hit up the bars together one night, and then hook up while we are both fairly trashed!

I've gone for maybe...only for the fact as a natural male you are always thinking with the old trouser snake. However if she just wants to be friends then...thats how it stays.

But Dave...he doesn't even try to peek down her top...he's not normal mate i thought everyone tried to do that no matter....or is it just me :confused:

Difficult: I've got a few female friends who I wouldn't touch (especially when they've got significant others).

However (and I'm ok as the missus doesn't read this): I am getting VERY close to a workmate who's single and we're going out next weekend and I'm going to see what happens.

Definitely yes. One of my very best friends is a woman, although having a bird as your best 'man' is taking things too far.

Definite yes. I have a very close friend who I get on really well with and have done for years. Now, admittedly she is a dyke but that's really here nor there is it? On occasions it has been a rare treat to get mullered together and listen to all her past misdemeanors with other like minded women ;)

Just remembered my sister has a good male "friend".

She's going through divorce No.2: Men of Rayleigh, watch out!

Definitely a yes. I generally find it easier to get on with females than males (especially in a work environment). This causes a few problems on the home front, every different job I start after about 3 months she says (so who's your special lady-friend in the office now then?"

So to summarise, it defintely is possible, although as said sometimes you do get undertones of if you were both 3 shades to the wind and nobody would find out something could happen and from the wife's point of view it definitely is NOT!

I suppose it can work, but more often than not it's just a one-night stand waiting to happen. Sometimes that's not a bad thing, though. I'm still friends with girls that I've inexplicably doinked after a couple of bottles of wine and a two-way whinge about the opposite sex.

It's not really a problem if you're already with someone, but when you're single and friends with a single girl, the clock is ticking.

And I'm totally with D62 on this; everyone should have a lesbian friend. They really are brilliant.

I usually would have sex with many of my female friends given the chance - and especially after a few beers.
A total lack of self control and total desire to stick my willy in.

It's terrible.

My best mate is a straight, attractive, intelligent upper class girl. My type, in other words. Oddly, I have never even once had a shufty at her knockers or a bit of bed time wrist exercise with her in mind. So it's a very definite yes from me.

I had a friend for a number of years, she was a very attractive girl however I knew we would never be suited for a relationship. We went to a party together and she suggested we stay over at the house in a double bed, no assumptions made, just a matter of course. My old buddy alcohol then made a dramatic intervention and a drunken stagger to the bedroom was only going to have one outcome. The same thing then happened a couple of weeks later. After that our friendship was never the same and as soon as we both gained respective other halves we very quickly drifted apart.

Of course it is entirely possible to have a platonic friendship with a member of the opposite sex. In my single days I used to regularly have purely platonic sex with my female friends...

Back