• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
I like a gamble, I also know I have lost a good few quid over the years. However in the field of Southend United football club this forum should have the world leaders in knowledge of this club. This also applies to supporters of other clubs too. Lets face it , I dont think there is a bookies any where who would study the current form of a 2nd division club as much as we do. That should give us an edge over the course of a season. So I would be interested to run a thread next season that concentrates on betting in and around the League Southend finish in . We could start with say £500 at the start of the season and each week decide what we should bet on. You can play along at your own level of betting or just follow it in a virtual way , what ever suits you. Each week we would have to discuss say 5 games and decide what are our best chances of success. Would that be of interest to any one?

Crawley board are looking at betting on the Accrington game -
From Crawley board

I have just returned from insuring that should we not win on Saturday to achieve promotion, I will make £76/£79.

We all know that to be certain of promotion we must win. I cannot see either Southend and/or Torquay not winning. Of course a draw for us may be good enough for us to get promoted if the other results go for us. I decided that I would be prepared to lose £74 if we are promoted into League 1. Well worth it. SO:

I placed £34 on Accrington to beat us at 7/2 and £40 on the Draw at 11/4.
If WE win, I lose £74 but it will be well worth it.
If Acca win, I win £79 overall.
If it is a draw I win £76 overall.

Of course we may win the play offs and get promoted that way. But the above bets are bets I am desperate to lose. Its a bit like paying a £74 premium on insuring us against not getting promoted.

If you want to do this, and you must make up your own minds, shop around for better odds if there are any. Due to my lack of mobility, I hobbled into the first bookies shop I saw. _______________________________________________________________________________________________

He should have got someone to place the bet on for him, due to his lack of mobility. 4/1 Accy is generally available with the big bookies, with 9/2 available with Bet 365. You can get best odds of 5/1, but that is with Boylesports. He has a fair price on the draw at 11/4, only to be bettered by Boylesports and Stan James at 3/1.

Ok Bet Zone. Must admit I have never noticed this Forum before. Looking at posts . Does not seem that well supported , so my idea may be a non starter,

Back