• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Guys, several threads on here relate to finances, umbongo's etc and there are various comments from people to those who they think are close to the club or in the know, asking what the situation is.

Look, it's not rocket science and we don't need someone close to the club to tell us.

We have no available cash. RM is "arranging" for our funds to be topped up by however many thousand a month is needed whenever it is most pressing. The club money DOES NOT go into his pocket. There are a whole myriad of companies involved in the running of SUFC and ownership of the land. It is done that way for a reason, obviously, presumably from a protection point of view. However, the money has to be raised somehow and from somewhere.

He has stated publicly in the past that this situation will pretty much continue for as long as we are at Roots Hall. For those who says he never tells the truth, there it is, plain and simple. We therefore needn't be surprised when HMRC come knocking again.

When we get to FF things will be different. We are not told how, but they will be different. There is of course the possibility that the new Barca manager will have not done his homework correctly and offer £30m for Straker, really believing he is the new Gareth Bale. But until then, we - the fans - are the only ones who have the power to be a massive income stream to the club. We are inching towards the finish line here, FF will happen and I urge and implore the people who call themselves to be supporters to stand up and be counted NOW. If you are going to support the club, then do so; don't just look at the results, watch the highlights on the internet and then moan that the club has no cash.

Without fans, a club ceases to exist. If we want the club to continue on the pitch, we have to do our bit off it and believe me, a little contribution via gate receipts, merchandise, whatever is going to be a drop in the ocean to what people will have to stump up in order to get a Phoenix Club through the non-leagues and back into L2.

There are clearly things going on that we don't know about as, despite all the different claims by people, we do sign players, not many but they do occasionally come, we aren't in administration and will never be (unless RM dies but that's a different issue and actually quite a worrying one) and we do still have a team to support.

So, with the season nearly upon us, can we wipe the slate clean, pray for FF to happen sooner rather than later and all just club together to keep the team afloat.

We are Southend United. We have over the years had a fantastic reputation as fans and for being a family club.

Let us get back the Spirit of Southampton and Spirit of Doncaster, when we celebrated despite heavy defeats. Let us make Roots Hall the "difficult place it was to come" (according to most other managers) rather than the somewhat easy touch it is now.

Let us really become the 12th man and make it for us, not the opposition.

True Blue and the North Bank and TBV, please refrain from any anti-player chants and songs and round on those that start them. Save the dissatisfaction for after the game. During the 90 minutes, let's support the team and show them who are are. Southend United, not Divided.

Order those shirts. Book those tickets. Get the club a decent windfall by attending the Yeovil game.

This is our club. Let's do our bit.

Blue Army!

Guys, several threads on here relate to finances, umbongo's etc and there are various comments from people to those who they think are close to the club or in the know, asking what the situation is.

Look, it's not rocket science and we don't need someone close to the club to tell us.

We have no available cash. RM is "arranging" for our funds to be topped up by however many thousand a month is needed whenever it is most pressing. The club money DOES NOT go into his pocket. There are a whole myriad of companies involved in the running of SUFC and ownership of the land. It is done that way for a reason, obviously, presumably from a protection point of view. However, the money has to be raised somehow and from somewhere.

He has stated publicly in the past that this situation will pretty much continue for as long as we are at Roots Hall. For those who says he never tells the truth, there it is, plain and simple. We therefore needn't be surprised when HMRC come knocking again.

When we get to FF things will be different. We are not told how, but they will be different. There is of course the possibility that the new Barca manager will have not done his homework correctly and offer £30m for Straker, really believing he is the new Gareth Bale. But until then, we - the fans - are the only ones who have the power to be a massive income stream to the club. We are inching towards the finish line here, FF will happen and I urge and implore the people who call themselves to be supporters to stand up and be counted NOW. If you are going to support the club, then do so; don't just look at the results, watch the highlights on the internet and then moan that the club has no cash.

Without fans, a club ceases to exist. If we want the club to continue on the pitch, we have to do our bit off it and believe me, a little contribution via gate receipts, merchandise, whatever is going to be a drop in the ocean to what people will have to stump up in order to get a Phoenix Club through the non-leagues and back into L2.

There are clearly things going on that we don't know about as, despite all the different claims by people, we do sign players, not many but they do occasionally come, we aren't in administration and will never be (unless RM dies but that's a different issue and actually quite a worrying one) and we do still have a team to support.

So, with the season nearly upon us, can we wipe the slate clean, pray for FF to happen sooner rather than later and all just club together to keep the team afloat.

We are Southend United. We have over the years had a fantastic reputation as fans and for being a family club.

Let us get back the Spirit of Southampton and Spirit of Doncaster, when we celebrated despite heavy defeats. Let us make Roots Hall the "difficult place it was to come" (according to most other managers) rather than the somewhat easy touch it is now.

Let us really become the 12th man and make it for us, not the opposition.

True Blue and the North Bank and TBV, please refrain from any anti-player chants and songs and round on those that start them. Save the dissatisfaction for after the game. During the 90 minutes, let's support the team and show them who are are. Southend United, not Divided.

Order those shirts. Book those tickets. Get the club a decent windfall by attending the Yeovil game.

This is our club. Let's do our bit.

Blue Army!

Most people who read shrimperzone are probably big supporters of the club anyway. Maybe you'd be better voicing this around Southend high street

fbm, I agree entirely with your post. My main criticism of Ron Martin is his determination to do the Fossetts Farm project on his own, rather than share the task with like-minded investors, who could have steered the Club out of the cash flow difficulties, in return for a cut of the profit. If Ron had done this at an early stage, Fossetts Farm would have been much further advanced, with possibly (dare I say it ) four sides. UTB

fbm, I agree entirely with your post. My main criticism of Ron Martin is his determination to do the Fossetts Farm project on his own, rather than share the task with like-minded investors, who could have steered the Club out of the cash flow difficulties, in return for a cut of the profit. If Ron had done this at an early stage, Fossetts Farm would have been much further advanced, with possibly (dare I say it ) four sides. UTB

But he didn't. So we must cope with what we have left.

You would think that was written by, or had some influence, from Ron Martin.

fbm, can you tell us if that is all 100% your own thoughts, or has that come from somebody at the club?

Most people who read shrimperzone are probably big supporters of the club anyway. Maybe you'd be better voicing this around Southend high street

If I thought most people on here were "big" supporters I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately there is a significant percentage on here who I would class as followers rather than supporters.

It was only the other week that someone on here responded to the winding up petition with a statement of refusal to watch Southend again.

Some do seem to think the solution to Southend's financial woes is to cut off the club's income. Strange.

Good post fbm.

Great post FBM. I'll be looking to raid the clubshop when I'm next down in Essex, and will get to as many home games as possible.

Up the Blues!

You would think that was written by, or had some influence, from Ron Martin.

fbm, can you tell us if that is all 100% your own thoughts, or has that come from somebody at the club?

I don't really know anyone at the club. I used to work there in the early 90's (I wasn't paid then either for a while - times don't change!) but anyone who was there then that I knew has left now. I have also never met or spoken to Ron, despite the fact that I see him frequently either in Costa Coffee, Stop the World or walking past my house. I have no "in" with the club and all my thoughts are based on my own experience as a businessman, plus a little inside knowledge (albeit old knowledge) of how clubs are run plus some common sense.

I am just a realistic person who prefers to focus on things I can do rather than worrying or moaning about things I can't. Can I affect what RM does? No. Can I do anything to make sure FF gets built? No. Can I help the club in a monetary way? Yes - so I do. I buy a shirt and season ticket every year, programmes more often than not, I had a Southend United Credit card (when they did them). Can I do anything to ensure that the supporters have a voice to discuss our favourite football team? Yes - which is why, when the previous owners had SZ and were in danger of not being able to afford to run it, I (via my firm) offered sponsorship which I still maintain to this day. Can I do anything to try and persuade the people who will not buy shirts or attend games to change their mind? Yes - hence my post.

I have no agenda. I just want to see SUFC back up the leagues and don't believe in cutting my nose off to spite my face.

I'm not sure the way to entice 'followers' into becoming 'supporters' is a lecture on the club's situation and what they have to do in order to become a 'supporter'. Which is how it reads to me, although I'm sure it's not intended that way.

The fact people sign up and discuss things on this website indicates they have more than just a passing interest in Southend United . It's likely that more people on here go to games regularly, and buy club merchandise, than any other place online, or anywhere else in the outside world on non match days.

I'd rather people go to matches because they want to rather than peer pressure or being co-erced into it. Just my opinion, though, so obviously no more right than anyone else's.

I'm not sure the way to entice 'followers' into becoming 'supporters' is a lecture on the club's situation and what they have to do in order to become a 'supporter'. Which is how it reads to me, although I'm sure it's not intended that way.

The fact people sign up and discuss things on this website indicates they have more than just a passing interest in Southend United . It's likely that more people on here go to games regularly, and buy club merchandise, than any other place online, or anywhere else in the outside world on non match days.

I'd rather people go to matches because they want to rather than peer pressure or being co-erced into it. Just my opinion, though, so obviously no more right than anyone else's.

No, of course not intended that way.

But the chips are down and it's more of a rallying cry than anything else. We have the power as fans to do a hell of a lot more than we're doing - that's the point.

If we want the club, then let's show them what we can do.

That is all.

If I thought most people on here were "big" supporters I wouldn't have posted it. Unfortunately there is a significant percentage on here who I would class as followers rather than supporters.

From my personal perspective I've always been honest in saying this. I#m not a die hard supporter but do have a big interest in what happens on and off the pitch and always wish them well. However my die hard tendencies are with a prem club and no not west ham. Reason being the club in question were the first I took an interest in when I was little. But I do genuinly have an interest in Blues as they are the local side after all.

Back