• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can we sign players?

I’m not sure loans create space and even if they do the incoming wages need to be lower than the outgoing.

Replacing a L1 contract with someone who was on a non-league contract works but this may be a challenge if we’re replacing someone like MMN.

The only upside to replacing someone like MMN, would be that his contract wouldn’t cost a lot to buy out. Same could be said for Klass and Acquah, who as yet still haven’t been given squad numbers... could it all be linked, I wonder?

I don’t know for sure, but I’ll put it this way, based on Ron’s quote of “making vacancies“ I wouldn’t be surprised to see some outgoings in the squad - possibly youngsters - in order to bring new faces in and register them. Just a guess.

There were signs a good few days ago that MM was anticipating the pruning of the current squad. He spoke of a "bulging" squad and this makes me think he did not expect the embargo to be lifted on 16 September.

I don’t know for sure, but I’ll put it this way, based on Ron’s quote of “making vacancies“ I wouldn’t be surprised to see some outgoings in the squad - possibly youngsters - in order to bring new faces in and register them. Just a guess.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelman go now. Weren't Swansea interested?

Reactions: GBJ
There were signs a good few days ago that MM was anticipating the pruning of the current squad. He spoke of a "bulging" squad and this makes me think he did not expect the embargo to be lifted on 16 September.

Have you a link to this?

I could be cynical and say I’ll still only believe that when I see him play for us and he’s not mysteriously held out because of paperwork issues or an unexplained injury but after the MMN debacle we couldn’t even be sure he was legitimately registered.... :Winking:

So what’s happening with your centre-half?

So he might not be fit to play until around the time one might expect the money owed causing the embargo to be paid off:Think:

I don’t know what to believe now.

Ok, so Ron has confirmed the embargo and the 23 man limit.

Bwomono, Clifford, Egbri, Gard, Goodship, Green, Hobson, Hutchinson, Kelman, Kinali, Kyprianou, McCormack, Oxley, Phillips, Ralph, R Taylor have all made league appearances this season (16) plus Dieng and White in the League Cup (18 - we'll ignore Humprhys as he's gone).

Seaden, Mitchell-Nelson and Rush have been unused subs (21)

We're told that Acquah and Kyle Taylor are available for tomorrow which would make it 23.

Demetriou and Lennon haven't played but have been given squad numbers and are expected to be back and on the bench respectively.

Akinola is injured.

Something doesn't add up.

Have you a link to this?

Sorry, Yorkshire Blue, I only just saw your question. I subsequently looked but could not find a link for the interview in question.

It was, I believe, one of MM's radio interviews after the Harrogate game (and before 16 September) and he definitely referred to the large size of the squad. I think the interview was given to BBC Essex Radio.

Ok, so Ron has confirmed the embargo and the 23 man limit.

Bwomono, Clifford, Egbri, Gard, Goodship, Green, Hobson, Hutchinson, Kelman, Kinali, Kyprianou, McCormack, Oxley, Phillips, Ralph, R Taylor have all made league appearances this season (16) plus Dieng and White in the League Cup (18 - we'll ignore Humprhys as he's gone).

Seaden, Mitchell-Nelson and Rush have been unused subs (21)

We're told that Acquah and Kyle Taylor are available for tomorrow which would make it 23.

Demetriou and Lennon haven't played but have been given squad numbers and are expected to be back and on the bench respectively.

Akinola is injured.

Something doesn't add up.

The other players are K Coker, Klass, and I think Callum Taylor .

Time to bump this again...

**bumping this**

Selling Humphrys opens up an additional slot but we may not be able to register Akinola in his place as we can only use that exemption if the annual Employee Cost of the Player coming in is no more than 75% of the equivalent annual Employee Cost of the player going out (calculated as an average over the term of the remaining period of both Players’ contracts, taking note of any contract cancellation payments where relevant)

So unless Akinola's on less than 3/4 of the wages of Humprhys we won't be able to register him...

This seems to have been denied at the time - quite possibly because the club would rather the wage scale was confidential.

I could be cynical and say I’ll still only believe that when I see him play for us and he’s not mysteriously held out because of paperwork issues or an unexplained injury but after the MMN debacle we couldn’t even be sure he was legitimately registered.... :Winking:

So what’s happening with your centre-half?

Now to solve the mystery behind White and McCormack both getting injured after just one game and not being seen again.

Time to bump this again...

This seems to have been denied at the time - quite possibly because the club would rather the wage scale was confidential.

Now to solve the mystery behind White and McCormack both getting injured after just one game and not being seen again.

It smells far too fishy, more than a coincidence we seem to have stopped hearing injury/training updates?

Back