• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
After a great win today, and a win that's put us in the cluster outside the play offs. Is it possible we can finish top 6.

There are a lot of factors. We need players fit and injury free and we definately need to have a good transfer window. There are probably 3 or 4 at least that need to be moved out with 2 or 3 of a higher quality coming the other way.

Finally looking at the fixtures we have quite a few very tough games coming up.

Bradford next Saturday is as hard as they come in this division. It will need a big game from our boys to get the 3 points.

What a topsy-turvy season.

Bit early to say yet Tommy, I'm still getting over not wanting Brown Out:smiles:. But injuries, or lack of them, and a bit more consistency may yet help to get us near to the play-offs.

I don't think so, Brown ultimately was right to say he should be judged once everyone was fit but unfortunately injuries are part of the game so I think we'll have periods where we struggle. Our first eleven is great but we have no depth, we'd need Leicester levels of fitness to go the rest of the season without problems, either that or have a good transfer window. I'm also not convinced our first XI would beat many of the top 6 teams now that they all seem to have found form. Maybe we can battle for 6th but I think we'll miss out, if that does happen though I doubt many will be complaining given how dire it looked at the beginning.

Agree totally with above two posts - our best eleven is a match for anyone in this division and could easily make play offs.
However, no one goes injury free for a season and the back up isn't quite the same standard (understandably so)
Ranger is the key - on the pitch he is the game changer but he is a walking injury. If he wasn't he wouldn't be with us in league one.

Current League Form (Last 10 Matches)

Won 5, Drawn 3, Lost 2

Looking promising.

Top 6 is a bit to much to ask I think, we are to inconsistent by far, think top 10 is on tho if we keep going as this league is still very tight at moment, let's see who stays fit is key.

Ranger's head is the key here and how he is treated and how happy he feels.

At Swindon Town and Blackpool he had issues with the clubs and management and walked out.

Having seen him around RH recently and the way he celebrated those goals, I think we may well have one of the deals of the season here! :thumbsup:

Agree totally with above two posts - our best eleven is a match for anyone in this division and could easily make play offs.
However, no one goes injury free for a season and the back up isn't quite the same standard (understandably so)
Ranger is the key - on the pitch he is the game changer but he is a walking injury. If he wasn't he wouldn't be with us in league one.
Why on earth should Ranger be injury prone. He is a strong young man and should be able to be fully fit without much delay.

The most important things for Ranger is to be at a club, that rarely sack their manager, the club is Southend Utd and importantly, he is closer to his family's & friend in London area.

Yeah, because he's been injury free all of his career to date hasn't he?

Ranger has no history of injury problems at all and those recently are a combination of bad lack and inactivity. Many issues but injuries no. Actually with a fair wind he is perfectly capable of being ever present. Plus has he even been booked yet?

BTW we have a 1 year option on his contract.

The most important things for Ranger is to be at a club, that rarely sack their manager, the club is Southend Utd and importantly, he is closer to his family's & friend in London area.

I am sure I am right at saying Stan Collymore said his happiest time were at blues and he wishes he never left. Niall I understand is living locally and if things are going well and w look after him perhaps his motivation to leave will be somewhat less than it might be otherwise.

I'm not sure we can sneak play offs , but hopefully the last few weeks of league football , even the Millwall performance , can put to one side that under PB we are relegation fodder. I've been fairly vocal from the start of the season that when injured players returned we had enough quality to compete and yes that I also believe that PB was the man to do this.

Again, put aside the cup games the league performances and results have vastly improved , with a constantbteam and shape in place. I hope people do look at Ranger , it's nice to have your players courted , I'd rather my players courted than not .

Currently as it stands our league positions have continued , season on season improved under PB, suppose I will be responded withbhhebusal yootbof a lucky promotion season and players pick the team and blah blah , but I will just continue with the old fashioned view that a manager who loses is rightly under pressure and a manager that turns this around are afforded the credit

Back