• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although not condoning the setting off of smoke bombs at a football match , it does make me die that on the continent these things are common practice and seen at just about every home game at certain european clubs....just look at Utube! Now arn't we ment to be part of the EU big brother society especially where 'elff and safety' comes in, so why do they get away with it and have all the fun and us boring lot as per usual are having a masive witch hunt over one solitary bit of smoke??? It certainly got the crowd going and raised the tempo vocally in the stand anyway. That useless **** of a reffere should be sent over to ref a Millan or Rome derby.... the report he'd have to write after that would keep him busy for a week!

Now I know that smoke bombs are illegal and who ever let it off should be punished but isn't this a bit embarrassing from the club? They need the support more than ever on Thursday yet they post this picture of individuals who are probably innocent, could have atleast waited till after Thursday!

I hope the situation gets resolved (although closing the block isn't the answer, unless we want a library) but doing this is a little cringe, I assume the next tweet will be the club apologising for lack of stewards and police after the Luton game when many innocent fans were attacked?

Also why don't the club just search everyone who sits in the west? Or is that too sensible?

I've looked for ages and still can't find him.

wally.jpg

Although not condoning the setting off of smoke bombs at a football match , it does make me die that on the continent these things are common practice and seen at just about every home game at certain european clubs....just look at Utube! Now arn't we ment to be part of the EU big brother society especially where 'elff and safety' comes in, so why do they get away with it and have all the fun and us boring lot as per usual are having a masive witch hunt over one solitary bit of smoke??? It certainly got the crowd going and raised the tempo vocally in the stand anyway. That useless **** of a reffere should be sent over to ref a Millan or Rome derby.... the report he'd have to write after that would keep him busy for a week!

uh ohhhh here comes another 40 pages on smoke bombs

I personally think the club should be taking a look at itself, let's face it if they had working CCTV then they'd know who'd committed the offence! They used to tell us the cameras were so powerful they can see your eye colour! That's about as much BS as our financial statements!

The UK has its own laws on pyrotechnics and Germany has also banned them from being used inside the ground. If other countries want to allow them then that is their choice.

The only reaction from the crowd was "what an idiot!" to the person(s) who let it off. Whether is was just one solitary bit of smoke or a truck load, it is still illegal.

The fact is that the club is certain in their minds that this is the area that the smoke bomb has come from. I feel for the club, as it is they who are getting punished. But they are very mistaken if they think all of a sudden a couple of kids are going to grass on each other. Twitter has gone mad in the last hour, quite a few I'm guessing might be in this photo, but based on their comments and reactions there is no way names will be mentioned. Most if not all that have had a go at me for trying to defend the club are of the impression that nothing is wrong. My guess is the club may well decide to close block w and therefore guys from this block will be located wherever else they can find tickets. That would be a real shame for the majority of fans who go in black w and support the team in the right way. Unfortunately a small minority might now have spoilt that.

I personally think the club should be taking a look at itself, let's face it if they had working CCTV then they'd know who'd committed the offence! They used to tell us the cameras were so powerful they can see your eye colour! That's about as much BS as our financial statements!

Problem is that the system needs updating and they can't afford it as they have to keep paying fines!

The fact is that the club is certain in their minds that this is the area that the smoke bomb has come from. I feel for the club, as it is they who are getting punished. But they are very mistaken if they think all of a sudden a couple of kids are going to grass on each other. Twitter has gone mad in the last hour, quite a few I'm guessing might be in this photo, but based on their comments and reactions there is no way names will be mentioned. Most if not all that have had a go at me for trying to defend the club are of the impression that nothing is wrong. My guess is the club may well decide to close block w and therefore guys from this block will be located wherever else they can find tickets. That would be a real shame for the majority of fans who go in black w and support the team in the right way. Unfortunately a small minority might now have spoilt that.

This minority of people couldn't care less about anyone else, and by their actions, don't really care about the club either

camera's seem to have picked out this lot clear enough, including eye colour ;)

FWIW, I know one face in that pic (definite yobbo) who's already commented on the thread. Even still, personally I would never grass the culprits up, even if I did know who it was, (which I don't).

Some people will disagree with this, which is their prerogative, but some will understand. You simply don't grass

FWIW, I know one face in that pic (definite yobbo) who's already commented on the thread. Even still, personally I would never grass the culprits up, even if I did know who it was, (which I don't).

Some people will disagree with this, which is their prerogative, but some will understand. You simply don't grass

If they don't get pulled up on it, they will continue to do it because they think it's good/hard/clever to do so. Shame it will end up having an effect on the club overall.

Majority of those lads are my mates, none of which let off the smoke bomb. I was standing there for the most the game and didn't get in the picture :'( and the first one landed at my feet, and I had blue on my hand from the smoke, yet I didnt make this picture.

Now, before anyone asks, I didn't set the thing off and I dont know who did; but if it could go off at my feet and i don't make the picture, then you can't condemn any of these lads to being the culprits! He who done it is likely out of the picture!

In which case, I would suggest to your mates that they contact the club themselves then.

They aren't actually accusing anyone in the picture of doing anything, just wishing to speak to them.

It will look a lot better if the contact the club themselves rather than being grassed up.

Ultimately the club have to be seen to do something. Whether anyone thinks smoke bombs are cool/fun or not, they are illegal in football grounds in the country - end of.

If they don't get pulled up on it, they will continue to do it because they think it's good/hard/clever to do so. Shame it will end up having an effect on the club overall.

Even with that in mind mate, I wouldn't be able to grass someone up. It's not in my nature. I've been brought up in a society of snitches get stitches. Ruff round Grays don't ya kno :winking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back