• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can you Help?

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
"In the future, the most significant challenges that will confront organisations will come from their environments. Discuss and give reasons why you agree or disagree with the statement."

This is my coursework title due in for Thursday, I have some ideas. Anyone got any relevant info on the question that they could provide to help a shrimper in soon to be urgent and desperate last minute need.

thanks,

S4E

interesting, for my dissertation at uni i chose to look into attitudes of the construction industry towards sustainable construction to protect the future. therefore i may be able to help you but it depends how much detail you want - obviously i had to specifically look at the constructio industry but i could give you a few starting points?

Is this GCSE, Degree or A/S Level?

Got my 2nd from last module next Thursday
biggrin.gif

I guess you could comment on Location being a vital influence on how successful a business is, and with large multinational business' investing in large areas of land prime business locations are running out, which leads to industrial parks being produced.

this is for my degree.

shrimperman that would be great. if you could send via pm or in email that would be top notch. i'll owe u one or 10. east stand blue, a lot of it is to do with globalisation. in this context environment means micro and macro environment from within and outside the organisation. if you have any work or notes or ideas, i would be really appreciative of any help you could provide.

thanks so much you to. look forward to reading over your ideas. and anyone else who can help thanks.

i owe you a pie and a pint!

cheers.

greg.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,13:48)]What degree are you exactly doing, Greg?
business and marketing... can you help or is this a social call hilary? lol
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 09 2006,13:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 09 2006,13:48)]What degree are you exactly doing, Greg?
business and marketing... can you help or is this a social call hilary? lol
smile.gif
Im doing IT. And I have no idea that can help you at this time.

And no this isnt a social call!

slight problem which ive only just realised. my dis. is saved on my file at uni! i am in on wednesday but by then it will be too late. im not totally sure how relevant my information will be as i guess you are doing economics to some degree whereas i am in the process of finishing reading architecture. alot of what have done is based primarily on the sustainability of construction i.e the building itself. you could maybe do a small chapter stating the importance of having a environmentally efficient building which is self-sufficient. for this you may want to have a look at the G8 summit at gleneagles. there was a lot of very interesting things said there although this was mainly to do with global warming on an international basis. it will take you a while to read through the whole lot! therefore my advice is to look at the summary which you will find at g8 webpage

i think for what you are doing, it may require you to look at current and future legislation which enforces organisations to run in a certain way or adopt certain policies to either maintain or enhance the environment around them. For this you will have to go to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister which is here   ODPM
just have a look through, i think you should find some relevant issues

as i said previously, my background is primarily architecture so i dont think i will be as useful as i had first anticipated but i hope this may get you on the right track or at the very least, get you motivated to start working as i know how hard it is to get back to uni work once you've had a nice little break!  
smile.gif

sorry i couldnt be of more help

chris

Certainly is the case with insurance / reinsurance

By far the biggest challenges are those changes being driven by the regulators (FSA) as opposed to anything required by Clients etc

cheers mate, anyone got any links or anything in essay form i can have a read of or copy
smile.gif
cheers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Jan. 09 2006,13:20)]Is this GCSE, Degree or A/S Level?

biggrin.gif

I guess you could comment on Location being a vital influence on how successful a business is, and with large multinational business' investing in large areas of land prime business locations are running out, which leads to industrial parks being produced.
Isn't location THE enviroment as opposed to their enviroment ?

I read "In the future, the most significant challenges that will confront organisations will come from their environments" as meaning the challenges will be coming from within the industry as opposed to from outside the Industry (ie the consumer)

Just a thought ....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 09 2006,14:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Jan. 09 2006,13:20)]Is this GCSE, Degree or A/S Level?

biggrin.gif

I read "In the future, the most significant challenges that will confront organisations will come from their environments" as meaning the challenges will be coming from within the industry as opposed to from outside the Industry (ie the consumer)

Just a thought ....
you are correct! anyone? please
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 09 2006,14:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ Jan. 09 2006,14:12)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

Just a thought ....
you are correct! anyone? please
smile.gif
Have a look around the net for bits on the Spizer enquiry in the States. That is forcing massive changes in the insurance industry in the UK and it is being driven by the regulators.

Also the FSA are doing a lot over here....

Regulation and Compliance are big things at the moment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 09 2006,13:31)]this is for my degree.

shrimperman that would be great. if you could send via pm or in email that would be top notch. i'll owe u one or 10.  east stand blue, a lot of it is to do with globalisation. in this context environment means micro and macro environment from within and outside the organisation. if you have any work or notes or ideas, i would be really appreciative of any help you could provide.

thanks so much you to. look forward to reading over your ideas. and anyone else who can help thanks.

cheers.

greg.
Might have some Postgrad stuff on disk that I could fork out for you, and send to you tomorrow by PM. Off the top of my head I might have some external forces stuff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 09 2006,16:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 09 2006,13:31)]this is for my degree.

shrimperman that would be great. if you could send via pm or in email that would be top notch. i'll owe u one or 10.  east stand blue, a lot of it is to do with globalisation. in this context environment means micro and macro environment from within and outside the organisation. if you have any work or notes or ideas, i would be really appreciative of any help you could provide.

cheers.

greg.
Might have some Postgrad stuff on disk that I could fork out for you, and send to you tomorrow by PM. Off the top of my head I might have some external forces stuff.
thanks mate, that would be a great help if you could. thanks everyone a lot for this. cheers.

Back