• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CAN YOU LOT PLEASE STOP F*CKING MOANING

The General

The Mouse (*)
As anyone that knows me, i do like a good f%&king whinge and moan anything anything and everything but some of you lot on here are a big bunch of girls. You are all whining and moaning about how we are not coping in this league!! Are you f*cking suprised?! Look at the resources we have compared to most clubs at this level?! Just 20 months ago we were in LEAGUE TWO!!!!!!! FFS!!

We are "freerolling" in this league and, i'd, as much as anyone else on here, would love us to stay in this league, but if it doesn't happen, dont be overally suprised. We are punching above our weight and have done extremely well to get as far as we have.

Smell the coffee, GET BEHIND TILLY & BRUSH and enjoying the f*cking experience as come next year we're back to the mediocrity of LEAGUE ONE and then all of you will really be moaning then!!

UTB & UTZ!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 04 2006,22:33)]As anyone that knows me, i do like a good f%&king whinge and moan anything anything and everything but some of you lot on here are a big bunch of girls. You are all whining and moaning about how we are not coping in this league!! Are you f*cking suprised?! Look at the resources we have compared to most clubs at this level?! Just 20 months ago we were in LEAGUE TWO!!!!!!! FFS!!

We are "freerolling" in this league and, i'd, as much as anyone else on here, would love us to stay in this league, but if it doesn't happen, dont be overally suprised. We are punching above our weight and have done extremely well to get as far as we have.

Smell the coffee, GET BEHIND TILLY & BRUSH and enjoying the f*cking experience as come next year we're back to the mediocrity of LEAGUE ONE and then all of you will really be moaning then!!

UTB & UTZ!!
Winge, Winge, Winge,

Geeezz

lol
rock.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 04 2006,22:33)]As anyone that knows me, i do like a good f%&king whinge and moan anything anything and everything but some of you lot on here are a big bunch of girls. You are all whining and moaning about how we are not coping in this league!! Are you f*cking suprised?! Look at the resources we have compared to most clubs at this level?! Just 20 months ago we were in LEAGUE TWO!!!!!!! FFS!!

UTB & UTZ!!
Spot on Mr. General. But do you think that people will listen?

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 04 2006,22:33)]Smell the coffee, GET BEHIND TILLY & BRUSH and enjoying the f*cking experience as come next year we're back to the mediocrity of LEAGUE ONE and then all of you will really be moaning then!!
Quite frankly, I can't wait to get back to League One, and not because we might pick up a few more points. The Championship, as far as I'm concerned, is severely overated. I'd take a trip to Chesterfield, for example, over Wolves any day of the week. The Molienux empitimised what's wrong with the Championship:

- overpriced
- soulless modern stadium
- no atmosphere
- stands 20 yards from the pitch
- have to park miles from the ground, if you don't arrive stupidly early, in some dodgy area
- takes ages to get away afterwards

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 04 2006,23:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Nov. 04 2006,22:33)]Smell the coffee, GET BEHIND TILLY & BRUSH and enjoying the f*cking experience as come next year we're back to the mediocrity of LEAGUE ONE and then all of you will really be moaning then!!
Quite frankly, I can't wait to get back to League One, and not because we might pick up a few more points.  The Championship, as far as I'm concerned, is severely overated.  I'd take a trip to Chesterfield, for example, over Wolves any day of the week.  The Molienux empitimised what's wrong with the Championship:

- overpriced
- no atmosphere
- have to park miles from the ground, if you don't arrive stupidly early, in some dodgy area
laugh.gif
I hear white ensign have quite a nice ground

I wonder if everyone be moaning as much if we were 23rd and Col U were 24th
rock.gif

No matter how many posts appear saying how limited our resources are compared to other Championship teams, the same amount of counter posts appear pointing out Col U's league position.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Nov. 05 2006,02:07)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quite frankly, I can't wait to get back to League One, and not because we might pick up a few more points.  The Championship, as far as I'm concerned, is severely overated.  I'd take a trip to Chesterfield, for example, over Wolves any day of the week.  The Molienux empitimised what's wrong with the Championship:

- overpriced
- no atmosphere
laugh.gif
Can't wait
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Nov. 05 2006,10:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ Nov. 05 2006,02:07)]
[b said:
[b said:

- overpriced
- no atmosphere
laugh.gif
Can't wait  
laugh.gif
We might struggle. They're top of the EOFL ...

wink.gif

and out of interest White Ensign are playing at our place next saturday...good views from the bar balcony ....
biggrin.gif

[b said:

UTB & UTZ!!
First off your moaning about the moaners
laugh.gif

Also you say that we dont have the resources,but that is a lame excuse. As we could get loan players in which i do believe we need. We lack leadership on the field sadly. Col******r manage to get where they are at the moment with more then likley worse resources then us.

I havn't moaned about the team at all this season until yesturday. I love southend there in my heart and in my blood. I will give everything i can to go and see them play week in - week out ( I havn't missed a game this season
smile.gif
) so why can't they give everything on the pitch.

Also relegation is not an option as we will lose needed revenue and that could cause the new stadium plans to be put through the shredder. But i shall agree with you on one point get behind Tilly and the boys whilst we are playing. But when you see the defence get torn apart like in the 10 minutes of madness yesturday, you cannot help but feel dis-heartend and im sure Mr General you shall agree with me on that one.
smile.gif

All the best
unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,12:01)]Also relegation is not an option as we will lose needed revenue and that could cause the new stadium plans to be put through the shredder.
RM has already publicly stated that even if the worse came to the worse and we were relegated to League 1 status this would in no way put the kybosh on the FF development.
Enabling development and non football related income would see the development go ahead with a view to a quick return to the CCC.
As he has said. Staying at Roots Hall isn't an option if we are to fulfill his long term vision for the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 05 2006,12:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,12:01)]Also relegation is not an option as we will lose needed revenue and that could cause the new stadium plans to be put through the shredder.
RM has already publicly stated that even if the worse came to the worse and we were relegated to League 1 status this would in no way put the kybosh on the FF development.
Enabling development and non football related income would see the development go ahead with a view to a quick return to the CCC.
As he has said. Staying at Roots Hall isn't an option if we are to fulfill his long term vision for the club.
Couldn't that then leave the club in debt? I mean how much would RM stand to lsoe say worse comes to the worse and we go down.

unclesam.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,13:01)]Also relegation is not an option as we will lose needed revenue and that could cause the new stadium plans to be put through the shredder.
No, it won't!! Ron Martin has already stated that the proposed development will go ahead irrespective of the team's performance at the time of planning approval. It's part of the long term ambition for Southend United Football Club, something some people are clearly not understanding at the moment. The development is not dependent on current levels of revenue. No stadium in the world can be constructed on revenue generated through the gates at any one time. But it can be built on the generation of investment with good, clearly defined targets. Ron Martin will have made sure that his aims for the football club are clarified for potential investment firms and that will include ambition for the club. If we go down, it's not the end of the development, it's not the end of SUFC and it's not the end of the world. Having a long-term plan will make sure of that ..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,13:20)]Couldn't that then leave the club in debt? I mean how much would RM stand to lsoe say worse comes to the worse and we go down.

unclesam.gif
I don't think you understand the way a football club works. Southend United are in plenty of debt already and have been for some years. It's the way that we control that debt that is important at the moment and the signs are that whatever financial plans Ron Martin and his team have put together over the past eight years have succeeded in halting the accumulation of debt. The debt is still there; it's just not getting worse (so far as we know). The construction of a new stadium (and its associated retail units) will most probably be financed by investment opportunities (which is why the new stadium will probably be named after a major corporate player, much like Coventry City's Ricoh Arena). The owners don't wait for the latest gate receipts to make major decisions like a re-location!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 05 2006,12:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,13:01)]Also relegation is not an option as we will lose needed revenue and that could cause the new stadium plans to be put through the shredder.
No, it won't!! Ron Martin has already stated that the proposed development will go ahead irrespective of the team's performance at the time of planning approval. It's part of the long term ambition for Southend United Football Club, something some people are clearly not understanding at the moment. The development is not dependent on current levels of revenue. No stadium in the world can be constructed on revenue generated through the gates at any one time. But it can be built on the generation of investment with good, clearly defined targets. Ron Martin will have made sure that his aims for the football club are clarified for potential investment firms and that will include ambition for the club. If we go down, it's not the end of the development, it's not the end of SUFC and it's not the end of the world. Having a long-term plan will make sure of that ..
That's what I said but in a much less erudite and concise manner
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 05 2006,13:28)]That's what I said but in a much less erudite and concise manner  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
Sorry! I didn't mean to steal your thunder! Your post hadn't registered when I read Sam's!!  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 05 2006,12:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 05 2006,13:28)]That's what I said but in a much less erudite and concise manner
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Sorry! I didn't mean to steal your thunder! Your post hadn't registered when I read Sam's!!
wink.gif
No problem Mike. The more people that put this very point across the more people might just actually come to understand it
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 05 2006,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 05 2006,13:20)]Couldn't that then leave the club in debt? I mean how much would RM stand to lsoe say worse comes to the worse and we go down.

unclesam.gif
I don't think you understand the way a football club works. Southend United are in plenty of debt already and have been for some years. It's the way that we control that debt that is important at the moment and the signs are that whatever financial plans Ron Martin and his team have put together over the past eight years have succeeded in halting the accumulation of debt. The debt is still there; it's just not getting worse (so far as we know). The construction of a new stadium (and its associated retail units) will most probably be financed by investment opportunities (which is why the new stadium will probably be named after a major corporate player, much like Coventry City's Ricoh Arena). The owners don't wait for the latest gate receipts to make major decisions like a re-location!!
First-off Xabia - I don't have an understanding of the way the finances of a football club work. Hense i asked about it first - so theres no need for such a stupid comment ' i don't think you understand the way a football club works.' I treat everyone the same on here and if i do try and put someone right i wont do it in such a disrespectful manor as that. All i know about is what goes on the pitch. Anything else is what i have read on here or in the papers as i do not know Ron Martin or any of the background staff at roots hall. So i show a general concern of the clubs Long term future. And thats why i asked!

As for the running of a club i do know a little about that. No doubt i have a lot to learn.

So it shall be gratefully recieved if next time you can leave out the stupid comments that is directed at someone. As there is no need for them.

All the best to you
unclesam.gif

Back