• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can you remember ?

Enjoying a match where we really played well ?
Looking forward to match day ?
Being proud of the Club ?

It's weird, this season has really put me off of football altogether!!

I hate football right now. I haven’t watched the EFL highlights show or match of the day this season. The whole situation has left me cold. I can just about muster the energy to go to Roots Hall.

Enjoying a match where we really played well ?
Looking forward to match day ?
Being proud of the Club ?

It's weird, this season has really put me off of football altogether!!
i. Probably Sunderland (I can remember that)
ii I always look forward to match day
iii I'm proud to be Southend supporter, does that count?

I don't bother with the prem or Championship but I've not been put off football altogether.

Must say.
I use to love watching SUFC win home or away, then get home and watch match of the day on tele, then watch the EFL highlights.
But now I watch SUFC play and always will, but just cant bring myself to watching the both programs mentioned on tele.
Dont really like seeing teams winning when we are losing, are recently drawing.
I actually really look forward to watching me son play his over 18 sunday football league games.
Now that is real passion, blood and guts football, and they don't even get paid for it.
They do it because they just love playing footy.
Just like we love our SUFC, I suppose.

I hate football right now. I haven’t watched the EFL highlights show or match of the day this season. The whole situation has left me cold. I can just about muster the energy to go to Roots Hall.

I'm exactly the same

Football has been totally dead to me all season. My Super6 and Fantasy team have been left to rot, I haven't watched Quest since September 21, MoTD I will only watch if we don't lose which obviously is not very often. Even if someone mentions football on the radio - eg a trailer for the latest MASSIVE PREMIER LEAGUE CLASH it sends a pang of sadness to my heart.

Woe is me. Woe is all of us.

The only good thing about going to Roots Hall at the mo for me are the SUEPA events - I can't think of one reason why I'd travel up from Dorset at the mo otherwise, I have a great time with the ex players who without exception do us proud. The match is incidental and the outcome a foregone conclusion but seeing the ex players meet old friends and fans is a joy. I am Esther Rantzen/Cilla Black (can't decide which). It's all a bit unreal really

I still look forward to matchday. It’s not just about how we play it’s the whole day for me. Not sure what’d stop me going ..

We’ve lost our identity as a team who would battle to the end and not hold back on the effort. Now we have a gutless group of frauds who couldn’t give a toss about the club or fans, let alone earn the wages they’re not being paid.

I remember really looking forward to Coventry away at the start of the season, and even thinking we looked good despite losing 1-0. I enjoyed the game too.

You must have been drinking. We were terrible

We played well after Coventry scored when we changed from packing the defence with Robinson alone up front to attacking Coventry.

We have an awful defence but we still predominantly try to defend each game.

Madness.

I woke up to read something CP tweeted which I almost wrote last night word for word!

“This is starting to feel like 2010 all over again.”

It really is!

Back