• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can you speak a foreign language?

Napster was making largely the same point as me I think.:Cool:

TBH I think you and Rigsby both made valid points.

Of course you need to understand the grammatical side of things, but then as Napster & Rigsby both eluded to in separate posts, the primary objective (or emphasis) should be on general communication, and I see it as more important when speaking to someone, that they get the gist of what I’m on about, rather than whether I’m being grammatically correct....

..... at least, to begin with. That side of it will come in time.

Last edited:
TBH I think you and Rigsby both made valid points.

Of course you need to understand the grammatical side of things, but then as Napster & Rigsby both eluded to in separate posts, the primary objective (or emphasis) should be on general communication, and I see it as more important when speaking to someone, that they get the general gist of what I’m on about, rather than whether I’m being grammatically correct....

..... at least, to begin with. That side of it will come in time.

I've found an online photo of GBJ...explains a lot....

1563980838112.jpeg
316 × 236

I am seriously confused. I thought I had logged into Shrimper Zone but reading the last few posts I must have made a mistake.:Winking:

Sometimes it’s good to throw yourself into the deep end. I went to see Malaga play twice last season, and both times I booked tickets on their website - their Spanish only, website.

After a bit of guesswork, and a bit of luck I successfully done it, and downloaded eTickets to my phone. I wont lie, on the approach to the turnstiles, I had a few things crossed, hoping I hadn’t ****ed it up.

Moral of the story is, until you throw yourself in, you’ll never know if you can do it or not.

Only one logical thing left to do now, rename the place to Zona De Camarones

(Looking at @Tangled up in Blue for validation of a correct translation there)

:Thumbs up:

si, muy bien!

My ex had lived in Spain for 18 years, she was fluent, and when we got together her little girl was very young, we spoke Spanish at home Tuesdays and Thursdays, No English at all in the house, Was very good, I learned a fair amount and can hold somewhat of a conversation, her little girl grew up Spanglish, she can go between the both and I still have a somewhat relationship now with her daughter and the use of both language is only going to help her in life and open up opportunities, it has convinced me to persevere and continue to learn the language.

Other than the usual stuff from German, French and Spanish the only language I am quite good with is Pashto. Doesn’t come in much use these days though.

si, muy bien!

My ex had lived in Spain for 18 years, she was fluent, and when we got together her little girl was very young, we spoke Spanish at home Tuesdays and Thursdays, No English at all in the house, Was very good, I learned a fair amount and can hold somewhat of a conversation, her little girl grew up Spanglish, she can go between the both and I still have a somewhat relationship now with her daughter and the use of both language is only going to help her in life and open up opportunities, it has convinced me to persevere and continue to learn the language.

Muchos gracias señor.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - or a record batido, if you will :Winking: - it’s not just the opportunities it opens for you, but it’s the brain training aspect of it, that I love.

Mon français s'améliore. Merci DuoLingo et @GBJ

(ok, I had to Google improving but it's a lot better after two weeks).

C'est tres bon app!

Mon français s'améliore. Merci DuoLingo et @GBJ

(ok, I had to Google improving but it's a lot better after two weeks).

C'est tres bon app!

Considering it’s free aswell, I don’t think you can go far wrong.

I can’t describe the annoyance of losing a streak though.

The best I’ve ever had was up into the 40’s.

Considering it’s free aswell, I don’t think you can go far wrong.

I can’t describe the annoyance of losing a streak though.

The best I’ve ever had was up into the 40’s.

Is it as bad as Saturday's game?

Nous allons a Collioure Samedi matin, avec ma belle-mere et mon beau-pere. J'ai bien hâte de passer du temps dans la region.

Back