• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Jackie/Tinks has asked us if she could start a collection for flowers for Harry's funeral on here. Jackie knew Harry very well so it is fitting she takes charge of this. He has as far as we know no close relatives apart from maybe a cousin or two scattered about.

We feel as The Zone and his friends, we would like to give him a fitting tribute and when we know the date of the funeral would ask as many people as possible from here to attend and pay their last respects.We will also print out all the kind words and thoughts from the other thread.

In the meantime if you would like to donate please use the paypal link in the Owners sig or you can give monies to Ken, Jackie or myself at some point in the future, just let us know on this thread or Pm any one of us. Any monies left over will be donated to a local charity.

Thanks very much to Jackie for this lovely idea.

Perhaps we could all in the Spread or Shrimpers before the next game to raise a glass in his memory. It will be somewhere more fitting?

Great idea, I wonder about printing out some of the messages and using them to adorn a wall, maybe in the East Stand corridor that lead to the block he sat in? There will be people who sat around him that won't know about this, and those at the club possibly don't know about his star turn on Eggheads, would be good PR for them to support this.

Donation on the way when I see John tomorrow.

Have sent a donation via paypal John, gutted that i can't do more, but distance prohibits me from attending H's funeral or participating in any tributes at the game. It's times like this that moving so far away really stings. God bless H.

Great idea, I wonder about printing out some of the messages and using them to adorn a wall, maybe in the East Stand corridor that lead to the block he sat in? There will be people who sat around him that won't know about this, and those at the club possibly don't know about his star turn on Eggheads, would be good PR for them to support this.

Donation on the way when I see John tomorrow.

I asked Kev today if you would be so kind as to print them all off Kay. Thanks so much x

Thanks also to you all who have kindly donated so far...The Zone members are truly one family.

I asked Kev today if you would be so kind as to print them all off Kay. Thanks so much x

Thanks also to you all who have kindly donated so far...The Zone members are truly one family.
Of course I will, it'll give me something to do while I can't use my kitchen!!!

I never knew harry so feel a bit of a fraud for leaving a message on this post.

But reflecting on a comment on another post as to whether harry would want his season card refunded, or not, makes me wonder whether flowers - although lovely on the day - would be a fitting tribute to the man. would harry think this was money best spent, or that some other organisation etc needs it more than him? (i ask the question without knowing the answer!)

I am sure that sz will receive £100's in harry's memory, i base this on the unbelievable numbers of anicdotes and tributes already paid to harry on the zone. the flowers will not last and will be gone within days of his committal. Surely money donated to a charity that he supported or an organisation that is researching in to what ended harry's life - the british heart foundation or a stroke charity, or what ever, would be a fitting and lasting legacy for him and looks to the future to
eradicate what ever illness took him from us.

i believe this would be a more fitting way to remember Harry who i never meet but followed through this forum.

i would imagine that those who have already given have done so to honour and remember harry and therefore would be happy for their donation to be given to a worthy cause instead of flowers. unfortunately flowers age, and not years, but days condemn.

I offer this as an alternative and trust that this suggestion doesn't offend or upset anyone.

Nick

I never knew harry so feel a bit of a fraud for leaving a message on this post.

But reflecting on a comment on another post as to whether harry would want his season card refunded, or not, makes me wonder whether flowers - although lovely on the day - would be a fitting tribute to the man. would harry think this was money best spent, or that some other organisation etc needs it more than him? (i ask the question without knowing the answer!)

I am sure that sz will receive £100's in harry's memory, i base this on the unbelievable numbers of anicdotes and tributes already paid to harry on the zone. the flowers will not last and will be gone within days of his committal. Surely money donated to a charity that he supported or an organisation that is researching in to what ended harry's life - the british heart foundation or a stroke charity, or what ever, would be a fitting and lasting legacy for him and looks to the future to
eradicate what ever illness took him from us.

i believe this would be a more fitting way to remember Harry who i never meet but followed through this forum.

i would imagine that those who have already given have done so to honour and remember harry and therefore would be happy for their donation to be given to a worthy cause instead of flowers. unfortunately flowers age, and not years, but days condemn.

I offer this as an alternative and trust that this suggestion doesn't offend or upset anyone.
Nick

I know what you're saying, but I reckon there will be more than enough for flowers and something more permanent. I would hope that when Tinks orders the flowers that there will be something out of the ordinary about them, in recognition of the fact that Harry himself, was something out of the ordinary.

The excess can be held by the Zone until such time as something more lasting can be thought of. Personally, I really hope that if and when Fossetts happens, there will be the opportunity to sponsor bricks or paving stones, those who've been to Disney will know what I mean, and that might be something that can be done in both his and Homer's name.

Will make a donation later once I am home.

Agree with the comments re flowers. Could we do something more H like than flowers. Didnt know him as well as some but he never struck me as a flowers man.

Could we sponsor a player in his name maybe? Just an idea.

Will make a donation later once I am home.

Agree with the comments re flowers. Could we do something more H like than flowers. Didnt know him as well as some but he never struck me as a flowers man.

Could we sponsor a player in his name maybe? Just an idea.

That is a cracking idea. Make sure it's someone who scores plenty so we hear Harry's name echo around Roots Hall regularly.

I'll try and see Apes today at Cheltenham and throw some cash in the pot. Agree with others about a more lasting gesture being needed to remember him. How about an annual SZ quiz in his honour as a fundraiser? Any money raised to go to a charity or cause that the man himself was a supporter of? Just an idea.

Back