• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£58 pound raised on the TZ coach for flowers well done too all - special mention to Scott Clough who threw £10 note in!!!

God bless you all x

Cheers for letting us know Scott.

Don't forget we will be listening out for a "There's only one Harry Roberts" chant on the radio.

I know what you're saying, but I reckon there will be more than enough for flowers and something more permanent. I would hope that when Tinks orders the flowers that there will be something out of the ordinary about them, in recognition of the fact that Harry himself, was something out of the ordinary.

The excess can be held by the Zone until such time as something more lasting can be thought of. Personally, I really hope that if and when Fossetts happens, there will be the opportunity to sponsor bricks or paving stones, those who've been to Disney will know what I mean, and that might be something that can be done in both his and Homer's name.

By the time Fossetts arrives I reckon we will all need bricks.

Agree though, its a great idea I was thinking the same thing this week and am sure if the ground ever progresses there will be a scheme like that.

Will make a donation later once I am home.

Agree with the comments re flowers. Could we do something more H like than flowers. Didnt know him as well as some but he never struck me as a flowers man.

Could we sponsor a player in his name maybe? Just an idea.

Another great idea. Is Assombalonga sponsored?

I never knew harry so feel a bit of a fraud for leaving a message on this post.

But reflecting on a comment on another post as to whether harry would want his season card refunded, or not, makes me wonder whether flowers - although lovely on the day - would be a fitting tribute to the man. would harry think this was money best spent, or that some other organisation etc needs it more than him? (i ask the question without knowing the answer!)

I am sure that sz will receive £100's in harry's memory, i base this on the unbelievable numbers of anicdotes and tributes already paid to harry on the zone. the flowers will not last and will be gone within days of his committal. Surely money donated to a charity that he supported or an organisation that is researching in to what ended harry's life - the british heart foundation or a stroke charity, or what ever, would be a fitting and lasting legacy for him and looks to the future to
eradicate what ever illness took him from us.

i believe this would be a more fitting way to remember Harry who i never meet but followed through this forum.

i would imagine that those who have already given have done so to honour and remember harry and therefore would be happy for their donation to be given to a worthy cause instead of flowers. unfortunately flowers age, and not years, but days condemn.

I offer this as an alternative and trust that this suggestion doesn't offend or upset anyone.

Nick

Nick - in response to your thread.

Harry did actually like flowers and plants as many a time he would sit and chat to my husband about the subject
I am also concerned that on the day of his funeral there would be very few flowers due to the fact he had little family and I have been to many funerals where there have been no flowers and it is heartbreaking. Maybe it is an old fashioned way of thinking on my part but there is no way we could allow his last journey to be flower free and so bland.

Depending on the amount raised my intention was obviously to ensure he had flowers at his funeral but also whatever was left over from monies collected to do something more fitting for him by the way of something on a more permant basis
I personally liked the idea of a plague or along those lines.

Tinks

Just an idea but if you can't get a plaque what about a St Georges SUFC flag with Harrys name on it. That way he can still come to the games all be it in memory?

I know Colin Staines did it for his son and personally I think Its a great tribute. Didn't know his son but whenever you see the photos of his flag it makes me think of Jamie.

£58 pound raised on the TZ coach for flowers well done too all - special mention to Scott Clough who threw £10 note in!!!

God bless you all x

Thank's for the mention Scott, but I don't think I should be singled out, everyone who has donated, has donated for Harry.

Thank's for the mention Scott, but I don't think I should be singled out, everyone who has donated, has donated for Harry.
Ah, but you shared that hotel room when he'd eaten some dodgy tapas! Definitely deserve recognition for that!

Tinks

Just an idea but if you can't get a plaque what about a St Georges SUFC flag with Harrys name on it. That way he can still come to the games all be it in memory?

I know Colin Staines did it for his son and personally I think Its a great tribute. Didn't know his son but whenever you see the photos of his flag it makes me think of Jamie.

I really like this idea too.

Tinks

I really like that idea Dave.

Can I please say a massive THANK-YOU to all on the TZ coach yesterday. April brought home £67.77 towards his collection.
I will ensure that a nice floral arrangement is bought with the monies collected and any monies left over (which I believe will be a significant amount) will go towards something that we can all remember him by.
Any ideas would be great.

Jackie

I personally liked the idea of a plague or along those lines.

Tinks _ I think you are on to something here which Harry would have found very amusing - provided you relaease it in C***hester of course :)

The Trust collected £43.17 on their coach Saturday.

Jackie, do you want me to drop it round or can I give it to you Saturday ?

Thanks very much to all those who donated on The Trust coach Paul and to everyone else who has kindly added monies to the collection.

Back