• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can I please say a massive THANK-YOU to all on the TZ coach yesterday. April brought home £67.77 towards his collection.
I will ensure that a nice floral arrangement is bought with the monies collected and any monies left over (which I believe will be a significant amount) will go towards something that we can all remember him by.
Any ideas would be great.

Jackie

And Jackie well done to your daughter April for getting up and arranging it! :thumbsup:

Just to keep you all advised, the post mortem still hasn't been performed and the coroner's office said yesterday that it would be another week due to backlog. Until the post mortem as been done and the death certificate has been issued, we can't make any funeral arrangements.

So at the moment, it could be the first or second week of October, but I will let everyone know.

One other thing. As Harry didn't live in Southend, I was thinking that maybe the funeral could start off at the ground. this would at least give people a place to send flowers to, and it would also be a nice send-off for Harry to depart from his beloved SUFC. I know some of you are close to the club, so perhaps one of you can speak to the club to see if this will be possible? If it is, then I will make arrangements when we finalise things with the undertakers.

I'm posting this message to all the current Harry threads, so hope this is OK.

Dear Zoners,

I have just learned that Harry's funeral has been set for Friday 12th October at Southend Crematorium, with the service starting at 11.20am.

The procession will start at Roots Hall around 10.50am, from just outside the Shrimpers Club in the main car park. This will be the place that we will ask people to send any flowers to, and the funeral car will collect the flowers from here. Cricko will speak to the club tomorrow to find out how people can address the flowers to ensure they arrive at the right place, and either he or I will post that information here.

For those of you who are attending the funeral, the wake following the service will take place in one of the bars at the club, which I think is the Far Post, but Cricko will confirm this tomorrow.

As most of you know Harry had virtually no family, so I am hoping that as his extended family, as many of you Shrimper Zoners as possible will be able to attend. Of course everyone understands that some of you will have other commitments, and will be there in spirit instead.

That said, and now we have a definitive date/time, I really need to get a fairly solid idea of numbers, both for catering purposes and for printing the Order of Service. I have see your poll where 26 of you have said you will be attending, but does this mean a total of 26, or 52 because it includes partners? Does this date now change things where some of you can now attend or some of you can't.

I'm not sure of the best way of getting this info to me, but if someone on here would like to take up this task, I would like to get numbers by Friday the 5th.

Finally, I have been asked to give a eulogy at the service which of course I will do. However, I've only known Malcolm for 7 years, and some of you have been close friends with Harry for 20, 30 even 40 years. Therefore after talking with his Aunt earlier today, she has asked me to ask if one of his long standing friends would also like to give a eulogy at the service. If someone would like to do this, can you please let me know by Friday (5th) latest.

Many thanks, Terry.

Just to let everybody know, we have collected £400 from all who donated to this fund and that will be spent on the flowers, food for the wake and a plaque to honour H that will go up in The Spread.

Thanks very much to you all.

PS: Just to confirm Terry's post the wake will be in the Far Post bar.

Oh and a big thanks to Tinks and Apes for arranging everything on behalf of us all and to Sharon at the club for being so helpful.

Unfortunately the Order of Service has now been finalised with Harry's uncle and aunt, and is going to the printers today. As I hadn't heard from anyone regarding the additional eulogy it has not been included.

However, if anyone wants me to include something special in the eulogy that I shall be giving, please let me know as soon as possible and I'll do my best to fit it in.

Back