• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Capello to go 3-5-2?

We'd get murdered if we came up against the likes of Maicon using that system, but it does seem to fit our best players into their more natural roles.

I love a 3-5-2 the obvious line up would be

hart
rio
terry king
johnson barry cole
lamps gerrard
rooney crouch

rio was always meant to be a sweeper, cole and johnson would make perfect wingbacks, a midfield trio of gerrard lamps and a holding player would dominate with rooney and crouch up top

From what I know about Capello and the way he plays he won't change from 4-4-2 because it is how he has always played, and how he will play with England. What was mentioned in that Article is that England could start with 3 central defenders... does that mean they have to play in Central Defense?

King was always touted to play for England in that holding midfield roll, but personally I don't think he has the manoeuvrability to do it well enough, which would mean that Rio would step forward into the hole and protect the back 4. He did it in his early career and even come on for Man united the other week and played in that position.

I honestly think this would have a far greater chance of happening than Capello switching it to a back 3 which he has never used. I mean he was the man that pushed Marcel Desailly up into the "midfield sweeper" roll at Milan...

You heard it here first!

I'm starting to think Capello may be becoming senile.

First recalling Carragher, now trying to repeat this

Back