• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Capey

Odd that he gets 'bullied' everywhere he plays. It's almost as if he's the ****, rather than everyone else.

As you say though, some player. A brutally brilliant batsman.

It's all a very messy affair, and one that I'd be very reluctant to solely take Pietersen's perspective on. Hilarious that, after all the Cook bashing Piers Morgan conducted over the course of the summer, Pietersen seems to now be absolving him of blame and placing it all squarely on the shoulders of Flower and Prior. And of the bowlers he takes issue with, he says he'd be happy to get along with Broad and Anderson - the two still around - with no mention of the same treatment for Swann. It's almost as if he's lining himself up for a return under Cook now that Flower, Swann and Prior aren't around anymore...

Barney Ronay on Twitter:

"Six pages into KP already feel like gnawing my own arm off"

lol.

This one is illuminating too (thread highlighting need for embedded tweet function Cricko!

Tim Peach ‏@TimPeachBBC 21m21 minutes ago
Throughout the book, KP comes across as a man apart. No mention in summer 2011 of team becoming number one, just his individual scores

Jonathan Liew ‏@jonathanliew
It's becoming increasingly apparent that Kevin Pietersen probably has a nickname for his penis.

I read the interview last night and whilst he undoubtedly has his flaws, does it really read that much differently from Beefy's autobiography or what Warne's would be if you could bring yourself to read that?

I'm far less concerned about the character flaws of a man whose England career seems over and far more worried about the dressing room culture of both the full side under Cook and the tyranny of the bowlers' union and the Lions under Flower.

I read the interview last night and whilst he undoubtedly has his flaws, does it really read that much differently from Beefy's autobiography or what Warne's would be if you could bring yourself to read that?

I'm far less concerned about the character flaws of a man whose England career seems over and far more worried about the dressing room culture of both the full side under Cook and the tyranny of the bowlers' union and the Lions under Flower.

Do his character flaws have an effect on him being a reliable witness? I see KP as part of the problem as well as a victim, and the bad management exacerbated things.

If the youngsters and others were getting bullied (Ravi, Compton etc) about dropping catches then one of them needs to come forward either publicly or privately and the ECB need to make a clear statement that it's being investigated and changes made. However at the moment KP is on his own with this really - and he's a douchebag.

Do his character flaws have an effect on him being a reliable witness? I see KP as part of the problem as well as a victim, and the bad management exacerbated things.

If the youngsters and others were getting bullied (Ravi, Compton etc) about dropping catches then one of them needs to come forward either publicly or privately and the ECB need to make a clear statement that it's being investigated and changes made. However at the moment KP is on his own with this really - and he's a douchebag.

Thank you Andrew Strauss:winking:

I may not take Capey as a reliable witness as to the degree but I'd be flabbergasted if his comments weren't based upon a version of the truth.

Let's just say Capey's not the first to suggest the existence of a clique in the dressing room, that newcomers have found it difficult to fit in, and note that the Chairman of the ECB talks about the captain in terms of his family being the right sort of people.

I may not take Capey as a reliable witness as to the degree but I'd be flabbergasted if his comments weren't based upon a version of the truth.

Let's just say Capey's not the first to suggest the existence of a clique in the dressing room, that newcomers have found it difficult to fit in, and note that the Chairman of the ECB talks about the captain in terms of his family being the right sort of people.

Yeah that makes sense. It's easy to laugh at it all but the ECB needs to really look closely at what's been said and make clear statements about how they're going to go forward and avoid issues in the future.

The fact that it happens a lot doesn't make it right - however there's cliques, bullying and divides in every Southend United messageboard sports team. However it's unusual to air a lot of dirty washing in public, especially from just one person who's doing it. He names victims publicly who haven't made statements, which seems a dick move IMO. He should have got them onside so they could simultaneously show support and back up his claims.

Someone on another site nailed it - Imagine your only friend in the world being Piers Morgan.:hilarious:

I may have related this story to you in York Matt (I was a wee bit drunk) but a mate met Strauss at a charity function earlier in the year. He asked Strauss - "How did you get away with calling KP 'an absolute ****' live on air?" Strauss's response:

"Because he is one".

Yeah that makes sense. It's easy to laugh at it all but the ECB needs to really look closely at what's been said and make clear statements about how they're going to go forward and avoid issues in the future.

The fact that it happens a lot doesn't make it right - however there's cliques, bullying and divides in every Southend United messageboard sports team. However it's unusual to air a lot of dirty washing in public, especially from just one person who's doing it. He names victims publicly who haven't made statements, which seems a dick move IMO. He should have got them onside so they could simultaneously show support and back up his claims.

Someone on another site nailed it - Imagine your only friend in the world being Piers Morgan.:hilarious:

Capey claims that players were urging him to include things in his book.

I'm not sure he has actually named victims has he? He certainly didn't mention who had dropped the catch, although he's named the game. I know Bopara's name came up but I may just have to check in what context.

Edit: he mentions them constantly picking on Bopara, Trott and Compton. I think you'll find he's left out the names of the more vulnerable players who were picked on - that Bangalore match would have been when Yardy was still playing - before he quit through stress; he also doesn't mention a couple of the more obvious examples like Carberry and Taylor.

I may have related this story to you in York Matt (I was a wee bit drunk) but a mate met Strauss at a charity function earlier in the year. He asked Strauss - "How did you get away with calling KP 'an absolute ****' live on air?" Strauss's response:

"Because he is one".

Had Strauss said that about Cook (whose family are the right sort of people) he'd have been sacked.

The ECB leant on Sky after Warne said something far less insulting about Cook's captaincy. The ECB probably in this case leant on Sky to keep him!

Had Strauss said that about Cook (whose family are the right sort of people) he'd have been sacked.

The ECB leant on Sky after Warne said something far less insulting about Cook's captaincy. The ECB probably in this case leant on Sky to keep him!

I chuckled, and Strauss probably is right but I agree; he was lucky not to get fired, or at the very least suspended, for that.

I think we're missing the true story here, which is obviously the sheer odiousness of Prior to be walking around the camp calling himself The Big Cheese and referring to himself as such in the third person.

KP and Bopara are good mates aren't they? Surprised Ravi would have been willing to be named considering he is a current England player, although perhaps that was agreed when the ridiculous decision was made to drop him for the ODIs.

I loved watching KP bat. That overrides so much of the other nonsense for me - although I'll still be buying the book on Thursday.

What do people think about some claims on social meeja that he is only targetting ex-players/management because he wants to play for England again? Not sure even KP seriously believes there is a way back from this, does he...?!

That's the problem with Pietersen's attitude. He so strongly believes himself to be in the right and a subject of a hate campaign that once those people have left the set-up, he'll see no barrier to rejoining. He still clearly harbours an interest in playing for England, but I'd question his motives for doing so as well. He might talk a good game about helping bring through the next generation, but apparently there's no reference in the book to England's #1 Test status, just his own personal scores. I'd say he's not anywhere near as interested in England's success as he puts out and merely wants the accolade of notching 10,000 test runs, which for him would be the icing on the cake of a glittering career.

So it becomes a case of whether the two parties, Pietersen and the ECB, can attain their individual goals together. I doubt they can, and that's a shame.

KP and Bopara are good mates aren't they? Surprised Ravi would have been willing to be named considering he is a current England player, although perhaps that was agreed when the ridiculous decision was made to drop him for the ODIs.

I loved watching KP bat. That overrides so much of the other nonsense for me - although I'll still be buying the book on Thursday.

What do people think about some claims on social meeja that he is only targetting ex-players/management because he wants to play for England again? Not sure even KP seriously believes there is a way back from this, does he...?!

It's either that or he doesn't want to harm England. I think it's the former though.

Has anyone seen Tremlett's tweet?

Newman, Etheridge, Pringle et al don't seem to have mentioned it

Tremlett's tweet -

Glad @KP24 has finally been able to give his side of the story. People can now make an informed opinion of what went on in the dressing room.

Tremlett's tweet -

Glad @KP24 has finally been able to give his side of the story. People can now make an informed opinion of what went on in the dressing room.

Glad @KP24 has finally been able to give his side of the story. People can now make an informed opinion of what went on in the dressing room

Back