• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bielzibubz

President
I know the whole should we, should'nt we, debate has been done to death on here before but if anything should make you change your mind it's this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7708398.stm

Eight broken ribs and a broken back, with another area of bleeding around the spine at neck level.
• Numerous bruises, cuts and abrasions, including a deep tear to his left ear lobe, which had been pulled away from his head.

• Severe lacerations to the top of his head, including a large gouge which could have been caused by a dog bite.

• Blackened finger- and toenails, with several nails missing; the middle finger of his right hand was without a nail and its tip was also missing, as if it had been sliced off.

• A tear to his fraenulum, the strip of skin between the middle of the upper lip and the gum, which had partially healed.

• One of his front teeth had also been knocked out and was found in his colon. He had swallowed it.

It truly beggars belief that an adult human could do this to a defenseless 17 month old baby and if I was going to throw the switch on anyone it would be those responsible for this poor child's death. But only after torturing him/her for hours on end :madman:I don't even have kids so how a parent must feel is beyond me.

Thought the point about capital punishment is that it doesn't give anyone a chance to think again?

if ever the public were allowed to vote ,i reckon the majority would make em swing.

these guys who killed the kid i sincerely hope they get thrashed in clink.

aLWays ben a supporter of the death penalty especially when there can be no doubt, this ******* deserves to die makew no mistake anout that

tbf, child beaters/murderers are not traditionally loved by other inmates so I think I would rather see them get beat up in prision and have to feel the vileness of what they have done

Yeah, lets hang 'em high. Publically and on the telly. We could have a phone in, you know,

0800 8080801 - hang him
0800 8080802 - electrocute him
0800 8080803 - shoot him

Maybe we could all vote on the celebrity executioner. Choose between the lead singer of ABC, the man who reads the Granada News and the blonde girl from Pan's People.

Oooh no, I've got it, the gameshow to beat all gameshows. Get two murderers and the public decides on who gets the rope.

It's a shame you can't trust the BBC to run a phone properly though as it'd be so much better than Eastenders.

Alternatively, put him in prison and keep him there. Forever. Maybe not as much fun, but at least it keeps us one step ahead of barbarism.

Yeah, lets hang 'em high. Publically and on the telly. We could have a phone in, you know,

0800 8080801 - hang him
0800 8080802 - electrocute him
0800 8080803 - shoot him

Maybe we could all vote on the celebrity executioner. Choose between the lead singer of ABC, the man who reads the Granada News and the blonde girl from Pan's People.

Oooh no, I've got it, the gameshow to beat all gameshows. Get two murderers and the public decides on who gets the rope.

It's a shame you can't trust the BBC to run a phone properly though as it'd be so much better than Eastenders.

Alternatively, put him in prison and keep him there. Forever. Maybe not as much fun, but at least it keeps us one step ahead of barbarism.

problem being,

why give them mercy???
why should the taxpayer pay for the next 20/30/40 years
the prisons are loaded already to breaking point.

detterents are needed.

The thing that is most sickening imo is that the maximum they can get is 14 years a piece. Should be 40 years+ imb

And you call that a punishment that fits this crime? Your not serious are you?

These scrum do not deserve the luxury of living even if that is in a 8 x 8 cell in solitary.

Sod the bleeding heart liberals and bollacks to their human rights. As far as I'm concerned they have none. Their not human.

These scrum do not deserve the luxury of living even if that is in a 8 x 8 cell in solitary.

Sod the bleeding heart liberals and bollacks to their human rights. As far as I'm concerned they have none. Their not human.

The question isn't whether they are human, it is whether we are human if we stoop to their levels.

If murder is wrong, how can you justify murder as a suitable punishment for wrongdoing?

If murder is wrong, how can you justify murder as a suitable punishment for wrongdoing?

Because it wouldn't be murder, it would be execution and have been arrived at as a decision by judge and jury according to the laws of the land.

The question isn't whether they are human, it is whether we are human if we stoop to their levels.

I've read all the posts each time that this subject comes up and it brings to mind something a friend said to me some time ago...... If an animal just injures someone then it is destroyed no questions asked and no protestations. If a human (allegedly with far superior brain power) were to murder the same person then they get locked away for a few years and are then are free to do it again...... double standards methinks ???

Last edited:
Because it wouldn't be murder, it would be execution and have been arrived at as a decision by judge and jury according to the laws of the land.

technically OBL it isn't an execution. It's a death sentence and when it's done the sentence has been executed. You are tight though that it certainly isn't murder. If I was a judge and the evidence was conclusive I wouldn't hesitate to sentence a murderer to death.

detterents are needed.

We used to hang people, it didn't stop people from killing other people.

In America they still hang people, people still murder.

Executions don't deter.

Actually, I'd go one further. I think executions have the opposite effect. You see on the TV from America the "parties" that occur outside prisons on Execution Day. You'll get some with the "FRY HIM" signs having a jolly old celebrations. Then you get the others with the candles and the vigils. They actually make the criminal the victim. I think that's wrong. The criminal must always be the criminal and never the victim.

The taxpayer issue is also wide of the mark as well. I read somewhere, and I wont do the stats thing, that in the US it costs more to execute the criminal than it does to keep them in prison for 20 years. It had something to do with the costs involved, the legal work involved and all that. I'll see if I can find a source.

Back