• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

paddysat

Youth Team
Is it time for Chris Barker to do the "club Captains" bit, and say... "I'm not good enough at this moment in time, and I am going to step aside" ?

Do you think he is in the side because he is the 'Club Captain'?

I like Barkers leadership, and his style of play "was" what held things together at the back...until his injury last season. Since then I don't think he has been the same. IMO I don't think we will see the same Chris Barker again (although I'd love to be proved wrong), but today showed, once again, that he is easily turned, and once turned, he is struggling big time. By 60 minutes he was dead on his feet.

I think it is only a matter of time before Ryan Creswell is partnering Mark Phillips at the back, and all barring injuries, I cant see an immediate return from that point.

What do the educated SZ peeps think?

I don't think it's right to have a captain who isn't one of the first names on the team sheet, and with Cresswell and Phillips fully fit, I don't think that'll be Barker. But then Harris isn't fit enough to be starting each and every game, I'd like to see Cresswell or Phillips take the armband, both seem to be good leaders and have the experience in quite a young side, although whether Barker could see that and/or would step aside would just be more likely the less he's involved, so I think it's only a matter of time.

yeh dont really think he was up to the task today, looked like a 50 year old out their at times.

When Barker was at Argyle he was not a big favorite of the fans back then as he was extremely slow and was often exposed by nippy forwards.
They were pleased to see him leave, ps brought him to us, so several years on he aint going to get any quicker.
Cresswell should be promoted to captain and Barker as emergency cover only !

Was at sixes and sevens all last season. Shouldn't be anywhere near our starting XI, let alone be club captain!

Cresswell just came on today, out of position, and just looked like a natural leader! If Cresswell is playing over Barks, then he should skip the side imo

Back