• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Captain for this season

Paddington Blue

Unjustified optimist⭐
Who do we think MM will choose as he leader on the pitch ? Will he continue with Dieng or maybe look to the next generation (Elvis?) or go for a safe pair of hands such as JE ? Would be interested to hear if anyone has any insights or thoughts on who is our best option for next season. It feels to me we have lacked a strong on the pitch leader since AB left and this has been part of the reason for a downward spiral over the last few years. Who MM chooses could have a big influence for us this season

Who do we think MM will choose as he leader on the pitch ? Will he continue with Dieng or maybe look to the next generation (Elvis?) or go for a safe pair of hands such as JE ? Would be interested to hear if anyone has any insights or thoughts on who is our best option for next season. It feels to me we have lacked a strong on the pitch leader since AB left and this has been part of the reason for a downward spiral over the last few years. Who MM chooses could have a big influence for us this season
JW not JE !

Reactions: GBJ
I think it would be wise for Molseley to give the captaincy to one of the new players we hopefully sign (embargo permitting)
It would signal a new dawn and to be honest I don't see any of our current crop as natural leaders.

I'm hoping that one of the players who might join us is the current Weymouth captain and holding midfielder Jake Mccarthy. He's been described as outstandingly consistent over the past 3 years and is still only 24 years old.

Johnny White all the way. Lennon couldn't step up simply because of his incident last season, not a good example for the younger professionals. Dieng needs guidance from a leader, he's definitely not captain material himself.
Personally think thats in the past, and MM said clean slate for everyone. Don’t think he will get it but i do think he has attributes to be a good captain.

JW or Demi but tbh I don't think it matters who the club Captain is.
There are not many Captains that have influence long gone are the days of Brian Robson etc.
I am starting to think that the position of Captain is irrelevant.

Love John White but not sure I see him as captain material. We need an experienced ball winner in the middle of the park, in the mould of McCormack/Grant. If we can sign a player like that with those leadership qualities, it should go to them. This team has been crying out for a proper leader on the pitch for a long time.

Demi definitely not. Too many flaws in his game. Game time puts White our of the equation in my opinion too. I think Dieng made a difference last season and should be considered.

Everyone saying John White, do you really see him starting every game? Especially with the fixture list going to be very congested. We need consistency so it needs to be someone playing week in week out.

I think it’s a bit early to be talking about a captain without Molesley having a chance to bring in any new players.

See White more as a club captain but on the pitch there are no real leaders out there at the moment.

Back