• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Captain for this season

Watching the game yesterday I thought Jason spent far too much of his time whining to the admittedly poor referee. This did not do us much good and I think we need a captain who is going to inspire those around him, has a winning mentality and in a controlled way represents the passion our fans have for the club (just to pre-empt rigsby this does not mean those that abuse our players). Most of our players are either too young for this responsibility or have been part of a 3 year losing streak. I was expecting MM to sign a leader to “set the standards“ he likes talking about but so far we have seen JW, JD and MO share the armband with very little impact. In the absence of a new signing I would concur with Ricey that the only player in our squad who remotely looks like a leader is Alan McCormack. Whilst there are multiple reasons for our dreadful start to the season having a Captain who engenders some respect both inside and outside of the club and sets the right tone can only help. Whether he plays every game or not I would like MM to consider AM as our on field leader as we need to shake up the attitudes of those players who think it is okay to put on the abysmal performances we have had to watch for the last few years. BTW I think Jason can be a useful player for us but I don’t think he is a best option as captain.

Back