• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Captain?

haveaguiness

Coach
Just wondering who people would like to see as captain for the game against Walsall?

Personally, and I know this may be controversial, but I would like to see Baldwin as captain.

I know he is on loan for the scum, but he has shown great commitment, passion and a will to do well since he has come in. He has also shown that he can play and has a good knowledge of the game. He organises players and gives them a telling off when it is needed. Personally I would rather have him as captain than Macca, who I'm guessing will probably get it, who just seems to constantly berate players rather than trying to help.

Thoughts?

Baldwin actually seems a good shout, but somehow, I see Macca being catain. Baldwin will have more of an influence than Macca in my honest opinion, and can potentially turn the game in our favour possibly.

It'll never be Baldwin because of the potential repercussions, which is unfortunate as especially against Carlisle he showed himself to be a natural leader and was constantly motivating the squad.

It'l undoubtedly be Macca as he's vice-captain IIRC.

I think Macca took the armband on Saturday after Barrett was sent off so I assume it'll be him.

I'd say Macca, but it could go one of two ways with him, he could become a bit more responsible and know when to shut up, or he might get involved more than he already does.

We need eleven captains on the pitch with us, the crowd, as the twelfth captain.

Remember we have a mountain to climb.

Id like to see the club break free from the conformist society in which we are confined and not appoint a captain atall. This would mean all players had equal rights (similar to animal farm before the pigs took over) and may help them feel more valued. This in return could result in us scoring more than we conceded and in turn this could lead to the magic challis that is three points. Either that or it will be Macca.

Back