• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jamesmut2000

Director
EAST ON....

I felt we deserved something out of the Northampton game. We went 1-0 up and then you want to see it out to get the three points but the goals we lost we weren’t happy with.
We probably deserved more but we have got to be more ruthless and more professional in the way we finish teams off.
Hopefully we can go into the next game and get back on track with some more wins.
The gaffer arranged a Hog Roast for the whole Football Club and their partners last week. It was nice for everyone to get to know each other, not just the players as we have all really become a team now, but it was great to get to know everyone else around the Club as we only really get to see some of them on matchdays.
One of the directors hosted it and he’s got a pretty plush pad with a nice garden. Some of the boys were pretty impressed – it was like something from MTV’s Cribs!
Everyone had a really good time; none more so than the gaffer who was like a big kid. He was trying to get everyone to play games; there weren’t a lot of takers for Twister though.
He pulled it out and everyone went into hiding but some of the girls from the office got involved and funnily enough the boys got a bit more interested when that happened!
There was also a trampoline in the garden as well which Bilel was enjoying but the physio Ben Clarkson put an end to that idea.
I’ve obviously worked with the gaffer before and he has organised things before for the players and their wives. I don’t know if that is so he can have a look at everyone’s girlfriend or wife and check them out? But he is always trying to make the whole place like one big family and it has paid off in the past.
A few of the boys have been picking up fines recently and I’ve been keeping a tally of them. I’ve got eyes and ears everywhere with Granty and Barks keeping me informed just in case I miss anything.
Bilel is guaranteed a fine at least once a week normally for wearing his flip flops or eating in the treatment room. He might as well set up a Direct Debit to the Bank of Easton.
All the new players at the Club have had to sing a song whilst we were away at Wolves and Bradford. Mark Phillips is the only one not to have done one so far but we are all eagerly awaiting the Hereford trip for his turn.
There were a few good performances but there was also a lot of rubbish ones. Blair was really surprising as he was excellent. He did a real show song and he’s the Aled Jones of the team now. Glenn Morris did a rap song which was word perfect.
I play the guitar but I didn’t pull it out for my Elvis song as I didn’t want to show off.
Ryan Hall though was terrible as he did Barbie Girl, although Peter Gilbert having to read the words to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on his BlackBerry was pretty interesting – especially as he still got it wrong!
We’re tipping big Mark for something decent as there is now a lot of expectations.
Finally, I’d like to thank the fans for the excellent reception they have given the new players since our arrival. We appreciate it has been difficult seeing some of your favourite players go and I can assure you all that we will give our all for Southend United to make them successful again.
Until next week,
Easty

The image of Bilel eating his weight in pig bouncing on a trampoline is one that will live with me forever.

sounds like a good bloke and the team spirit is definitely developing.

UTB's

Sounds like things are all rosy in the camp, there's certainly plenty of good characters in that dressing room. And good to see they've kept the tradition of new players singing songs on away trips.

Good to hear the team's bonding well. It certainly looks like they are playing for each other on the pitch.

Back