• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Accident injury claims

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
I've currently got a claim going for a car accident I was involved in last year which has taken some time but is, shall we say, towards the business end of matters.

I've had plenty of time to think about the sum in which I expected to receive and have now been informed of the amount in which 'should be expected' by my solicitors which if i'm honest, falls slightly below the amount I expected.

This is of course just the amount the solicitors believe I should expect and is not the final settlement as it is now over to the insurance company to make an offer.

Does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing themselves? I'm being advised by afew people to decline the first offer of settlement which again, im not 100% sure what that will be yet but going by the solicitors evaluations falls slightly lower than expected.

I've been asked by my solicitors to sign a document stating that if the insurance company make me an offer which is to the same value or higher than the solicitors estimate then I accept to settle the claim.

I'm reluctant to sign this but in the event that I do decline an offer which the solicitors believe I should accept, what is likely to happen?

Has anybody been through this sort of thing and if so, what were you awarded?

Take how the injury actually cost you, Time off work unpaid, cabs to places because you couldn't work, physio costs etc

Then try to add a value to the things the Injury meant you have missed, like a christmas with the kids because the injury meant you could not get out of the chair etc

Once you get to a total anything you recieve above that is a bonus......

Back