• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Buying advice - Citroen C5/Vauxhall Insignia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but mrsblue and her dad are talking complete crap. I have bought plenty of cars from main dealers and have had no troubles. As long as the car is within the manufacturers warranty they look after you. My engine management light came on on my Zafira. I took it back to Vauxhall in Oxford (bought in Essex) they did a diagnostics check for free and replaced my coil pack and spark plugs for free in 30 minutes of me dropping it off. All because it was under warranty and I only had a month left.

Every car I have bought from a dealer whenever I have had a problem with it within warranty they have sorted it with no charge. You can haggle well with a dealer on price as I always do. I have got better offers from a main dealer than a non mainstream dealer. You have no come back when you buy private hence why the cheaper price. It's a risk buying private and if your willing to spend decent money my advice is to ignore everything mrsblue has just said and go with a main dealer.

Once your warranty runs out don't bother taking it back to a main dealer because service and repair wise they will be more expensive.

10 cars in 10 years and you admit 1 motor was trouble and your current car had problem's,Great advert for main dealership's and you have the cheek to dismiss my advice as crap !

youhavespentafortune.co.uk

10 cars in 10 years and you admit 1 motor was trouble and your current car had problem's,Great advert for main dealership's and you have the cheek to dismiss my advice as crap !

youhavespentafortune.co.uk

Has anyone ever told you that writing something that's meant to be funny and then putting .co.uk or .com at the end is not funny?

Your getting boring now. My main point is that when the cars have had issues (which cars do have problems) I take it back to the main dealer and they fix it free of charge and with no hassle. I have only a misfire on my current car which was sorted by changing the coil pack and spark plugs. And the other car was my Alfa which was a flap on the flow valve and change of glow plugs which was all doe under warranty and free. 3 problems on 2 cars out of 10 in 10 years is pretty good. Not all were bought from a main dealer so get off your high horse and drop it.

Has anyone ever told you that writing something that's meant to be funny and then putting .co.uk or .com at the end is not funny?

Your getting boring now. My main point is that when the cars have had issues (which cars do have problems) I take it back to the main dealer and they fix it free of charge and with no hassle. I have only a misfire on my current car which was sorted by changing the coil pack and spark plugs. And the other car was my Alfa which was a flap on the flow valve and change of glow plugs which was all doe under warranty and free. 3 problems on 2 cars out of 10 in 10 years is pretty good. Not all were bought from a main dealer so get off your high horse and drop it.

Calm down dear!

doneallmycash.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back