• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car insurance

Pubey

Hi all,

I've been a named driver on my mums insurance for 7 years, no claims (3 points). I'm getting my own car in a few weeks but insurance is looking quite steep when searching on go compare. because i've been a named driver, but not policy holder i've not go any NCBs. Is it worth phoning up different insurers to see if they'll give me (and Mrs Pubey - same situation as me but with no points!) a much better deal. It would be time consuming which is the only reason i ask. if it's pointless we'll bite the bullet and go with something online. but £700+ seems a lot IMO.

cheers
jon

I don't think you'll get much of a break ringing up mate. Under 30, no NCB, you're probably shafted. You could try Mrs Pubey being the main driver and you as the named, may save you some money?

One of the few benefits of being nearly 40 is that your car insurance is peanuts!

I don't think you'll get much of a break ringing up mate. Under 30, no NCB, you're probably shafted. You could try Mrs Pubey being the main driver and you as the named, may save you some money?

One of the few benefits of being nearly 40 is that your car insurance is peanuts!

yeah could look at doing it the other way around, and find an insurer that would let me get NCB's as a named driver. Admiral do this, as well as being the cheapest on go compare.

cheers

yeh, the woman thing is crazy.

Im 25, and have 8 years NCB... putting the Mrs on my policy as a learner would save me £30 a year, infact, even if she had passed and was a new driver with 0 years NCB it would save me the same... how does that make any sence!

Try the Co-Op. I used them after I leave the company car scheme - no NCB and an accident. Very Helpful...

Back