• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ian_the_girth

President
What is it with car insurance & having your pants pulled down, while being shafted by a 15" black rubber ****?!?!

I am 29, no driving convictions & drive a 1.2L Fiat Punto (2005), postcode SS7.
My previous vehicle was written off last year - non fault, i wasnt even in the car. All completed.
Driving since 2000 & no claims bonus intact since then.

Today i received my renewal premium. Have a guess how much Kwikfit want me to renew for?

El Girtho!

Admittedly i've only just started driving again after a long break but mine is £850 FC for a 6 year old RAV4 .. robbing barstewards

What is it with car insurance & having your pants pulled down, while being shafted by a 15" black rubber ****?!?!

My previous vehicle was written off last year - non fault, i wasnt even in the car. All completed.

Today i received my renewal premium. Have a guess how much Kwikfit want me to renew for?

El Girtho!

£600?......

El Girtho!

£800-£1000?

I've been driving 10 years, I have a 10 year old Fiesta worth £1600. I have no points and one small claim from 4 years ago for about £2000. I park on a drive in Wakering (SS3) and I can't get mine lower than £500.

It is CRIMINAL.

Then you have an accident and they are ****ing **** at dealing with it.

Try Admiral Ian, they were the best deal for my daughter. I reckon it's over a grand.

I'm with admiral too. Wife is car owner and named policy holder because I have 3 points about to expire. I think our joint policy is about £700

£810.26 Premium.
£83.00 Breakdown recovery.
£39.00 Keep motoring cover (should i have an accident)
£39.99 Legal cover arrangement fee (should i have an accident)

Assuming that i want to pay this over 12 monthly instalments, there i an interest charge of £175.18 & fee charge of £25.00.
Based on voluntary excess of £0.00. Compulsory excess of £100.00.

1x payment of £97.84
11 x payments of £97.78

Total to pay £1173.42 - *****!

El Girtho!

After speaking to them on the phone i was told that my car is popular with younger drivers & therfore that car group is more at risk of an accident. I argueed that it should be based on the individual, history of their driving & where you live. & why do you need to know my whole life story, what my job is, is my car parked on the driveway or garage, what size pants i wear, my shoe size, how many ****s i have a day, etc...

I was told i would be better of buying a different car, larger size engine & would pay less?!

*****!

£810.26 Premium.
£83.00 Breakdown recovery.
£39.00 Keep motoring cover (should i have an accident)
£39.99 Legal cover arrangement fee (should i have an accident)

Assuming that i want to pay this over 12 monthly instalments, there i an interest charge of £175.18 & fee charge of £25.00.
Based on voluntary excess of £0.00. Compulsory excess of £100.00.

1x payment of £97.84
11 x payments of £97.78

Total to pay £1173.42 - *****!

Do you need all the add ons? Presumably they are optional and they are bumping it all up by nearly 50%.

Do you need all the add ons? Presumably they are optional and they are bumping it all up by nearly 50%.

Breakdown yes, others can be looked at. I dont have the capital to purchase a one off, so has to be monthly.
I may ammend the voluntary excess & search other companies.

Do we all agree though that car insurance premiums are *****!?

P.S. Telling Kwikfit i felt like they were shafting me with 15" black rubber ****, caused a very long akward silence.
Eventually she laughed, i told her she must know how it felt then?!

Breakdown yes, others can be looked at. I dont have the capital to purchase a one off, so has to be monthly.
I may ammend the voluntary excess & search other companies.

Do we all agree though that car insurance premiums are *****!?

P.S. Telling Kwikfit i felt like they were shafting me with 15" black rubber ****, caused a very long akward silence.
Eventually she laughed, i told her she must know how it felt then?!

If they let you pay on a credit card, get a credit card with 12 months' interest free on purchases. Set up a savings account and a direct debit that each pay-day (or a day or two after pay-day to be on the safe side) takes £100 (or however much they want in monthly instalments) from your current account to the savings account. Pay off the minimum each month and then in 12 months' time pay off the credit card in full and you'll have actually earnt some interest rather than paid £200+.

But definitely shop around to find something that suits your needs.

Back