• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Car Parks in Cardiff

KrustyTheKray

President
For the LDV i parked in multi-storey car park full of Wrexham fans! I dont want to do the same with Lincoln.
Nor do i want to park in the park and ride.
All i wanna do is park in a convenient town centre multi storey.

If i follow the Southend Football (ball) Signs on the road will they take me direct to the Southend fans Town Centre car parks or just to the park and ride???

Anyone know?

Anyone have any trouble parking their car for the LDV final??

I parked my car in the same car park as i did for the Blackpool final, then found out it was where the Wrexham fans had been directed to. Have we been allocated different car parks??

Help please.

UP THE BLUES!

For some reason, they changed the car park they allocated to us this year from last year. So, if you had followed the Southend signs (in red!!
rock.gif
??), you would have ended up in the park and ride car park, which wasn't too far from the centre.

I have been told that apparently we are in that same car park again this time, so the signs will be directing us to the far side of Cardiff and that very nice, convenient, walkable multi-storey will be for Lincoln fans.

In another thread, people have been saying that they've found other city centre car parks, but of course with it being a Saturday this time, it might be safest to stick with our park and ride. Yes, a bit of hassle getting the bus, but it wasn't too bad. Will be even better if we only have 10000 fans on the day!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southampton Shrimper @ May 24 2005,17:48)]For some reason, they changed the car park they allocated to us this year from last year. So, if you had followed the Southend signs (in red!!
rock.gif
??), you would have ended up in the park and ride car park, which wasn't too far from the centre.

I have been told that apparently we are in that same car park again this time, so the signs will be directing us to the far side of Cardiff and that very nice, convenient, walkable multi-storey will be for Lincoln fans.

In another thread, people have been saying that they've found other city centre car parks, but of course with it being a Saturday this time, it might be safest to stick with our park and ride. Yes, a bit of hassle getting the bus, but it wasn't too bad. Will be even better if we only have 10000 fans on the day!!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for your help mate!

Is it much hassle with the park and ride??

I'd rather get there early and park in a city centre car park!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 24 2005,17:52)]Thanks for your help mate!

Is it much hassle with the park and ride??

I'd rather get there early and park in a city centre car park!
I don't think it was too bad at all.

Last month, got to the park and ride car park at about 10.30/11.00 am, plenty of cars already there, got onto a bus virtually straight away, took us to within a five minute walk.

We were one of those who stayed in the stadium till quite late, so when we got to the bus stop there was a queue, but again we were probably in that for about ten/fifteen (max) minutes, the bus took a bit longer to get back because the roads were busy by this time, but all things considered I didn't think it was too bad! I've seen worse!!

We followed the blue park and ride signs for the LDV and ended up in a Wrexham car park as well.

Little were we to know that Blue signs = Wrexham : Red Signs = Southend. The event organisers must have put a lot of thought into that one!

On the plus side it meant that as Wrexham won and were generally sticking around for the presentation, we were able to make a sharp exit and beat the rush back to the carpark

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 24 2005,18:02)]We followed the blue park and ride signs for the LDV and ended up in a Wrexham car park as well.

Little were we to know that Blue signs = Wrexham : Red Signs = Southend. The event organisers must have put a lot of thought into that one!

On the plus side it meant that as Wrexham won and were generally sticking around for the presentation, we were able to make a sharp exit and beat the rush back to the carpark
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't the word "SOUTHEND" on the red signs give you a clue Kenny?

We followed the signs from near our hotel which simply had a red or blue football on them and no text. It wasn't until we saw all the red shirts and dragon flags in the car park we sussed what was going on.

LDV i parked in the park and ride as signed.
Thought it was good, buses were very very frequent.

However this time i am probably going to stick around whatever the outcome (the M4 queue is to much to bear AGAIN)
Last time the car park shut at 7pm, does anybody know of any parking in Cardiff where i could dump the car then walk/bus into the city?

Thought i'd ask on here before trawling the net for answers.

Thanks for any help

There are a load of NCPs just around the corner from the Millenium Stadium, behind the Ice Rink where the Cardiff Devils play. If you head in towards the city centre and drive down the high street towards cardiff central station, you go past all the bars and follow the road round to the left at the bottom.

They're not cheap mind (about £11 for the day if my memory serves me well) and getting out of Cardiff is an absolute joke after the game.

Gav

Catherdral Road is the place to park.  10 min walk from Mill Stad.  Parked there last 2 times, plenty of space and no traffic after game. Comes up on the AA route planner as Catherdral Road, Canton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ May 24 2005,21:45)]Catherdral Road is the place to park.  10 min walk from Mill Stad.  Parked there last 2 times, plenty of space and no traffic after game.  Comes up on the AA route planner as Catherdral Road, Canton.
Is that a pay and display car park??

Where is it near??

How much to park there??

Is it easy to find??

More details please!

Thanks mate!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ May 24 2005,22:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ May 24 2005,21:45)]Catherdral Road is the place to park.  10 min walk from Mill Stad.  Parked there last 2 times, plenty of space and no traffic after game.  Comes up on the AA route planner as Catherdral Road, Canton.
Is that a pay and display car park??

Where is it near??

How much to park there??

Is it easy to find??

More details please!

Thanks mate!
Catherdral Road is off one of the main routes in to Cardiff, about 10 min walk from stadium, very easy to find. It is a road about 1.5miles long, all the B&B's are located along it, plenty of side streets and best thing, it is free. If you get a route planner from the aa.com it will direct you straight to it - printed mine out this morning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ May 24 2005,21:45)]Catherdral Road is the place to park. 10 min walk from Mill Stad. Parked there last 2 times, plenty of space and no traffic after game. Comes up on the AA route planner as Catherdral Road, Canton.
Now you've given your secret away you'll find hundreds of SZ readers parking down there on Saturday
tounge.gif

Back