• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
And so where do we always return...? Having had a period of lurking (partly due to the busy-ness of getting hitched on 15th Feb), I haven't been as active of late. I'm still here. And my reasons for posting?

I woke up this morning to find my car stolen, from the drive. No signs of entry (broken glass), both keys still in the house, no noise (we have nosy neighbours - I don't mind this!)... Just gone. It has an operational alarm and immobilizer. Policeman who owns a very similar car said they more than likely drilled the lock, plugged in an iPad to deactivate, pushed it down the road and drove off from there. Absolutely gutted as I loved the car and it had pushed my finances to get it. Police believe we were targeted specifically as it is a desirable model/colour despite being 4 years old.

car.jpg

Anyone, particularly in the Rainham or Dagenham area, please keep a look out and obviously call 101 if you see it. It's reg is WN10 YFR and is Le Mans blue. It's not badged as a 120d but is as an M-Sport.

And so some scumbags make a tidy profit, leaving me well out of pocket. The insurers are unlikely to cover the remaining finance plus £3k left on my credit card. Plus obviously I had all my hockey gear and ipod in the car.

I was told that if not found in first 24 hours, it is unlikely to be, and will be long gone. Hoping my hire car arrives soon so I can go for a drive around Rainham (apparently the hotspot, where they part up for a few days to check there is no tracker).

Also horrible to be told that we need to be careful what we buy next as they will come around and check. Makes me not want to leave the house and certainly not my wife in it. Feels a slight over-reaction, but when you feel so cheated by such people, it does make your blood boil.

However insurance people have said, it will likely be a 'quick solution' due to the nature of the theft, which means a quick settlement - and a quick return of their hire car.

Not sure what I should be looking to buy right now? May not have a lot of capital depending on insurance pay out. New car on finance? Old banger for the time being? May need to be a quick purchase (never ideal!). Anyone seen any good offers?

Thanks for listening to my rant. Tried to share the pic and info on various social networks so if you see if come up please share! @nonameps on Twitter and https://www.facebook.com/ajlewis84 on FB.

Thanks guys!

Nightmare.

Last time I had a car stolen they paid me more than I expected so fingers crossed you wont be out of pocket.

On Friday we came back from a week in the Lake District. When we got home, we unpacked, ate and went to bed. When we woke up on Saturday we took the boys swimming and then came home. When we got home in my wife's car (that we used to get to the Lake District and back) I noticed that my 5 month old BMW 1 series M Sport Coupe was unlocked, and had been for a week right outside our house.

I am a very stupid and lucky man.

Not a nice feeling having a car stolen. Has happened to me a couple of times, although the last time was a few years ago now.

I think there has been several TV and newspaper features on how easy it is to steal BMW's around the age of your one. I'm not sure they even need to drill the locks. If you look on BMW forums I'm sure there is plenty about this problem.

Not a nice feeling having a car stolen. Has happened to me a couple of times, although the last time was a few years ago now.

I think there has been several TV and newspaper features on how easy it is to steal BMW's around the age of your one. I'm not sure they even need to drill the locks. If you look on BMW forums I'm sure there is plenty about this problem.

Mine had had 'the fix' but even so it seems BMW are easier to steal and garage seemed to shrug their shoulders and said "It is a desirable car" in a way that meant - our cars are so good people want to steal them!

They blamed EU rule that says they have to sell all their secret tech to other garages. Not sure if I fully buy that...

I've seen your post on my Facebook news feed shared by quite a few different people some not in Southend or shrimpers. As I know it's a fellow shrimpers will find it and give it a share.

Absolutely gutted for you mate, it's getting really common now I've seen loads of pleas on Facebook to help find stolen cars. It's so bad that in this day an age where you would think it would be harder to steal a car in some cases it's a lot easier. Really hope you find it and the scumbags that did it get caught.

My mates just bought one of these, and in Rainham as well (don't worry, different plate and colour).

Lovely motor, bet your gutted. I've seen several posts shared on my Facebook to do with stolen cars recently, especially locally. I've seen a lot actually have been found though. You'll find it I'm sure, along with the low lifes that nicked it. Probably had to feed their families in their council estate.

I know several people who have had their cars stolen off their driveways, sometimes they have even break into the houses to get the keys. Until there are proper deterrents and sentences for burglary then these toerags will continue to chance it.

My wife had her car stolen of our drive way a few years ago , the barstard tried to run her down so she got a good look at him .When the police arrived a bit later it came over his radio that it was seen by a taxi driver just up the road , I said to them lets go and get them to which they said they were afriad what I might do to him ,so let the other police officers who were on there way to deal with them .By the time they got there it was gone .A few days later we had a phone call to say it had been found in the Watermill car pak in Basildon , and that Icould pick it up from a car pound in Basildon , on arrival I wasd told that I had to pay 130 pounds to get it back . A few months later my wife swaw the **** that took her car and tried to run her over outside St Margrets church on the London Road Leigh .She phoned the police and told them where he was , to this day we are still waiting for the police to get back to us .

My wife had her car stolen of our drive way a few years ago , the barstard tried to run her down so she got a good look at him .When the police arrived a bit later it came over his radio that it was seen by a taxi driver just up the road , I said to them lets go and get them to which they said they were afriad what I might do to him ,so let the other police officers who were on there way to deal with them .By the time they got there it was gone .A few days later we had a phone call to say it had been found in the Watermill car pak in Basildon , and that Icould pick it up from a car pound in Basildon , on arrival I wasd told that I had to pay 130 pounds to get it back . A few months later my wife swaw the **** that took her car and tried to run her over outside St Margrets church on the London Road Leigh .She phoned the police and told them where he was , to this day we are still waiting for the police to get back to us .

That just shows you what Essex Police are like and the lack of care they put into their jobs. Shame as they turned me down and I certainly wouldn't overlook any case or not put 100% effort in like I do with my job in the RAF as a police man.

My car was nicked last year and Romford police were useless,I feel for you as it's bloody annoying.

That just shows you what Essex Police are like and the lack of care they put into their jobs. Shame as they turned me down and I certainly wouldn't overlook any case or not put 100% effort in like I do with my job in the RAF as a police man.
Watch out for Labour MPs trying to put padlocks on the gates

I was turned down by Essex Police when I insisted on wearing my own uniform. Apparently the cape was a trip hazard.

they are not all like this. We reported a guy acting suspiciously (2.00am) out side our house and carrying what looked like a DVD player. I followed him up the road but he jumped into a stolen car that turned up. Within 10 minutes an ARV turned up- which somewhat surprised us to put it mildly . The Police said that they were already after the gang (I gave a description of the car which had been reported at several burglaries) , Anyway one of the officers lived a few hundred yards away and took any crime on his doorstop as a personal insult - hence why we had an ARV outside our house within 10 mins

they are not all like this. We reported a guy acting suspiciously (2.00am) out side our house and carrying what looked like a DVD player. I followed him up the road but he jumped into a stolen car that turned up. Within 10 minutes an ARV turned up- which somewhat surprised us to put it mildly . The Police said that they were already after the gang (I gave a description of the car which had been reported at several burglaries) , Anyway one of the officers lived a few hundred yards away and took any crime on his doorstop as a personal insult - hence why we had an ARV outside our house within 10 mins

So basically they only bother when it's on one of their own doorsteps.

I believe it is simply"luck of the draw" as to what service you get from the police, I have had dealings with some very good, some average and some truly shocking. Without doubt I am convinced they are deteriating in ability and professionalism with all the changes and low morale/poor leadership.

I believe it is simply"luck of the draw" as to what service you get from the police, I have had dealings with some very good, some average and some truly shocking. Without doubt I am convinced they are deteriating in ability and professionalism with all the changes and low morale/poor leadership.

Luck of the draw indeed.

They were like an elite crime fighting unit and on the scene in minutes when they pinched me in 1994.

Why couldnt two fat women PCSOs been in the area instead as is the case when you actually need the police?

My brother got rammed by a Van years ago at the Tarpots roundabouts. The van was totally in the wrong and wrote his car off and sped off without stopping.

Luckily the van had the company name on the side, a company in Canvey.

Could the police track down the hit and run driver ? Could they ****. Didnt need Inspector Frost but proved too difficult for the boys in blue on that occasion.

Cheers for the support guys.

Got an email at 6.58am this AM, exactly 24hrs after the 999 call, to say the case had been effectively closed due to lack of evidence.

Got a call this afternoon from Cranham community police to say that they would "keep an eye out" as they "cycled around". Thanks.

Was a lovely car, very high spec'ed. Looking at 3k loss all up plus all my hockey gear in the car.

Now got to decide what I can afford to replace it with...

Back