• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cardiff City's New Stadium

just looks like the Walkers Stadium. Functional, cost-effective and practical... but also soul-less, unremarkable and plain boring! I actually think Fossetts Farm will look quite original and I like the idea of having one much larger stand, instead of having them all the same height around the edge. Long overdue for Cardiff to get into a new ground though!

It could be the first new ground in history,to be closed before it's open,due to their coin throwing antics,what a nice club.

It could be the first new ground in history,to be closed before it's open,due to their coin throwing antics,what a nice club.

I will miss ninnian park always use to love dodging coins! I remember when we played there few years ago we was 1-0 down during the Alan Little era and I think Maher scored to make us go 2-1 up - I tell you they were some ****ed off welshmen in that ground!

Rugby and football on the same ground, that makes the pitch so lovely over at Stockport!!

now i cant see why they were not allowed to play at the millenium stadium?
surely it would have been more cost effective to do that?

I will miss ninnian park always use to love dodging coins! I remember when we played there few years ago we was 1-0 down during the Alan Little era and I think Maher scored to make us go 2-1 up - I tell you they were some ****ed off welshmen in that ground!

I think i'd be mightily ****ed off if we were leading 1-0 and the opposition scored to make it 1-2 ;) :p

pretty much like when we were 2-0 up against Col U, and they went 3-2 up?

pretty much like when we were 2-0 up against Col U, and they went 3-2 up?

I don't think they were that ****ed off! We were playing our local rivals and were 2-0 up and outplaying them and then turned into crap!

I have a met over here who's a big Cardiff fan (travles over for games a couple of times a season and flew in for the Cup Final and straight home again). He reckons the one good point about the new ground is it is right over the road from the old one so they will still be in the same area and drink in the same pubs etc.

Other than that it does look like a bit of a souless, identikit ground and losing a ground with real character like Ninian Park will be a shame.

could have just moved the walkers, st marys or any of the other 'bowls' there, and dont worry about our new ground we will be at roots hall for a long time yet

Back