• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Griffiths

Javea Shrimper

Former O's man and trialist at Roots Hall a couple of summers ago Carl Griffiths opened the scoring in Heybridge Swifts 2-1 win over Dover Athletic. Playing alongside Griffiths was twenty-a-day Scott Forbes, who was subbed late in the game for former Canvey striker Bertie Brayley.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2005,12:45)]twenty-a-day Scott Forbes
twenty what? Goals? Hookers? Lollipops?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 06 2005,15:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2005,12:45)]twenty-a-day Scott Forbes
twenty what?  Goals? Hookers? Lollipops?  
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Cancer sticks, Leeboy. Not exactly committed to the cause of professional football was the "bouncy man" ...

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2005,16:23)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
Cancer sticks, Leeboy. Not exactly committed to the cause of professional football was the "bouncy man" ...

WS

tounge.gif
that is bullsh*t he doesn't smoke, isn't that libel!

Jávea Shrimper has never forgiven him for his matchwinning goal against Canvey in the FA Cup.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 07 2005,11:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 06 2005,16:23)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

WS

tounge.gif
that is bullsh*t he doesn't smoke, isn't that libel!
So what was he puffing on whilst sitting in the South Stand Upper a few seasons ago?! A short, stubby, white pencil that just happened to be on fire?!

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 07 2005,12:08)]Jávea Shrimper has never forgiven him for his matchwinning goal against Canvey in the FA Cup.
tounge.gif
The only time I ever liked the kid ...

WS

tounge.gif

Just been transfering said match from a VHS copy I have onto DVD if anyone is interested in a copy 5 quid?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,20:13)]So what was he puffing on whilst sitting in the South Stand Upper a few seasons ago?! A short, stubby, white pencil that just happened to be on fire?!

WS
He might have been eating those cigarette sweets they used to sell that tasted a bit chalky...

tounge.gif
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,09:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,20:13)]So what was he puffing on whilst sitting in the South Stand Upper a few seasons ago?! A short, stubby, white pencil that just happened to be on fire?!

WS
He might have been eating those cigarette sweets they used to sell that tasted a bit chalky...

tounge.gif

cool.gif
I used to love those.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 08 2005,16:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Feb. 07 2005,20:13)]So what was he puffing on whilst sitting in the South Stand Upper a few seasons ago?! A short, stubby, white pencil that just happened to be on fire?!

WS

tounge.gif

cool.gif
I used to love those.
...whereas the chocolate ciggies, wrapped in cigarette papers, somehow tasted a bit odd...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 08 2005,20:08)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

WS

tounge.gif

cool.gif
I used to love those.
...whereas the chocolate ciggies, wrapped in cigarette papers, somehow tasted a bit odd...

cool.gif
I used to love those.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 08 2005,20:44)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

WS

tounge.gif

cool.gif
I used to love those.

cool.gif
I used to love those.
But the point is, Mike - did Scott Forbes love them as well?

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I think this post should be locked.

The story is clearly fictious as the South Upper is no smoking.

Furthermore, I had the privelege of serving Southend's third finest left midfielder (after the manager and the armed-robber) of the last 20 years, during my days as a barman. Not only did the bouncyman order lemonade for himself whilst his friends were on the beers, the ash tray on his table was untouched and he also sat outside (thereby avoiding passive smoking). A true professional.

As suggested before Scott Forbes is blatantly being libelled as part of a vicious campaign of victimisation because he knocked Jávea Shrimper's beloved Canvey out of the FA Cup. It was a true tragedy that the 'local boy done good' got injured as he was never the same again, and once he left his beloved Southend his heart was never in it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Feb. 08 2005,20:44)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

WS

tounge.gif

cool.gif
I used to love those.

cool.gif
I used to love those.
I didn't like either of them as they melted when you lit them...so I went back onto Capstan Full Strenght....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 09 2005,11:41)]I think this post should be locked.

The story is clearly fictious as the South Upper is no smoking.

Furthermore, I had the privelege of serving Southend's third finest left midfielder (after the manager and the armed-robber) of the last 20 years, during my days as a barman. Not only did the bouncyman order lemonade for himself whilst his friends were on the beers, the ash tray on his table was untouched and he also sat outside (thereby avoiding passive smoking). A true professional.

As suggested before Scott Forbes is blatantly being libelled as part of a vicious campaign of victimisation because he knocked Jávea Shrimper's beloved Canvey out of the FA Cup. It was a true tragedy that the 'local boy done good' got injured as he was never the same again, and once he left his beloved Southend his heart was never in it.
You on drugs, Matt?!

WS

tounge.gif

I think I have a bite!

Seriously though Scott Forbes was probably the third best left midfielder we've had in the last 20 years. I'd choose Scott Forbes over the likes of Derek Hall, Kevin O'Callaghan, Scott Ashenden etc. The fact that his closest competitors for that title are probably Scott Houghton and Adrian Clarke shows you it doesn't mean much.

The bit about him drinking lemonade and not smoking is true, and I was genuinely disappointed for him when it all went pearshaped. I think he was an integral part of what has been up until the Tilson era the most enjoyable and successful team to watch since Judas left (again not a particularly meaningful title). His work-rate helped balance out David Lee's neglect of defensive duties, much in the same way that Pettefer does to Gower (when he plays).

Back