• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Reader Publicly Pulls Out Of Buying SUFC

CRATE

Striker
One of the hopes we did have, in Carl Reader has publicly just pulled out of saving our club?

Serious Q; why will RM, not even have a conversation?

Absolutely heart breaking!

Attachments

• 28A56757-077D-4D5F-8C28-610C2E257EC6.jpeg
    28A56757-077D-4D5F-8C28-610C2E257EC6.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 87
  • EFC377DF-9A21-4447-B7AF-E8E61197CE01.jpeg
    EFC377DF-9A21-4447-B7AF-E8E61197CE01.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 86
I’m sure he will try again another time. No rm fan but if he won’t sell then that’s it.

Only protests will get rid of Ron

Just to be clear - I'm only pulling out from trying to strike up a dialogue - behind the scenes I'm happy to help anyone serious who can get around the table, in any way I can, a few of the ways listed in the post I shared.

I just can't get to the point of having a conversation, or an exchange of NDA and proof of funds, so no point in continually trying. Hopefully someone else can.

This isn't about people, it's about our club.

If Ron’s stance changed, which seems extremely unlikely, and he invited offers/talks, would you be interested in participating in those talks or making an offer for the club?

I don’t understand, why he won’t even pick up the phone and sign an NDA, considering the mess we’re in?

More than anything, being an accountant, I’m sure Carl could help in many ways!

I don’t understand, why he won’t even pick up the phone and sign an NDA, considering the mess we’re in?

More than anything, being an accountant, I’m sure Carl could help in many ways!
It is what it is. Ron’s not selling.

Just to be clear - I'm only pulling out from trying to strike up a dialogue - behind the scenes I'm happy to help anyone serious who can get around the table, in any way I can, a few of the ways listed in the post I shared.

I just can't get to the point of having a conversation, or an exchange of NDA and proof of funds, so no point in continually trying. Hopefully someone else can.

If Ron ever changed he’s minds which seems all but impossible but if he did . Would you be interested in talks ?

Have you alerted the media, Carl? I’m sure Chris Phillips could do a big story for you for such a big and potentially consequential announcement. That really would be a public statement, and might lend some credence to you and your proposals for the club.

How you going to help anyone if you can’t even get a conversation with Ron Martin 😂

Have you alerted the media, Carl? I’m sure Chris Phillips could do a big story for you for such a big and potentially consequential announcement. That really would be a public statement, and might lend some credence to you and your proposals for the club.
or test Matt Slater at the Athletic, if there is actually a story to be told (which is questionable) you would think they may consider it… may reach a slightly bigger audience that the local paper also.

One of the hopes we did have, in Carl Reader has publicly just pulled out of saving our club?

Serious Q; why will RM, not even have a conversation?

Absolutely heart breaking!

Saving the club is a bit of a leap.

Sounds like they didn't even get a chance to talk to Ron's hand.

Thanks Ron ! Didn't even have the decency to see what he / they could bring to the table.

Bet there's still losers out there saying 'But who'll buy the club'!!!!
I can't share too much on what I've been told by stakeholders as I wouldn't want to breach their confidence, nor put them in any difficult position. But I'm pretty sure there has been potential acquirers in the past, and I'd be really confident that someone somewhere will be looking at what's going on and becoming a potential acquirer in the future.

Before we get to a 2+2=5 situation, usual disclaimer of the second part being my opinion - I know as much as you guys - and the first part being what I've heard.

As a football club alone, and forgetting the development side of things, there is huge potential. This is evidenced by the type of offers that I understand have been made to Hashtag United - for want of a better term, a true grass roots team with potential. We've got potential on a much higher level given the city's catchment area, the clubs reputation and so on.

Last edited:
Bet there's still losers out there saying 'But who'll buy the club'!!!!
Whilst there is profit to be made from the development, I'm sure there are buyers queuing up, but once that's gone, I'll be one of those losers asking who would want to buy us without any assets

Back