• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Reader Publicly Pulls Out Of Buying SUFC

Best chances is before 1st of March, when Ron will realise he have to sell 50% of the club at least, as all of them have to work together to ensure the club come through it.

There you have it people RM is so egotistical ,and bull headed, All anyone can do now is sit back and wait until March 1st. pray to God that RM comes to his senses ,which i doubt .

So we could've had Simon Cox in an advisory position with a pension fund that could've ransacked us for a housing development - I bet Simon is a nice guy, but... He won us 0 promotions, 0 play offs attempts, had 3 managers sacked during his time here. He also has 0 experience in running a football club, or even being on the board of one. Let alone one that will continue to lose £1.4-2million every year.

Thanks, but no thanks.

So we could've had Simon Cox in an advisory position with a pension fund that could've ransacked us for a housing development - I bet Simon is a nice guy, but... He won us 0 promotions, 0 play offs attempts, had 3 managers sacked during his time here. He also has 0 experience in running a football club, or even being on the board of one. Let alone one that will continue to lose £1.4-2million every year.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Still prefer Cox to Ron

I'm not convinced the Carl Reader consortium would have been right for the club. What bothers me is Ron's unwillingness to even communicate with potential buyers while he gambles with the club's existence.

Who knows what potential offers might have / will come along, only to be treated the same.

I'm not convinced the Carl Reader consortium would have been right for the club. What bothers me is Ron's unwillingness to even communicate with potential buyers while he gambles with the club's existence.

Who knows what potential offers might have / will come along, only to be treated the same.

How do you know he hasn’t been in negotiations with people other than Carl & co?

If he is refusing to talk to outside investors who could possibly help and he doesn't pay the tax debt on March 1st, then the only conclusion is he is wilfully getting the club wound up.
After all the visual and written media attention of the last two weeks there will be a lot of people chasing him with one question to ask...Why?
There will be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no one else to hide behind and blame. Just him with one question to answer

Thanks, but no thanks.
If the club was run properly and didn’t incur massive fines and interest for paying late (or not at all) or had money siphoned off to other group companies then it would easily be able to live within its means.

Many clubs in the national league and even some in league two don’t have income much more than £2m a season, yet manage to survive without rich benefactors pumping money in month after month.

If someone doesn't want to sell that is irrelevant.

If the club was run properly and didn’t incur massive fines and interest for paying late (or not at all) or had money siphoned off to other group companies then it would easily be able to live within its means.

Has Ron siphoned money into other group companies?

Simon obviously has some cash burning a hole in his pocket.

He is currently launching a F45 gym in Southend opposite Warrior Square.

The Chelmsford F45 charges £15 a visit or £119 for 10 visits. Not sure that price point is going to work in such a run down part of Southend.

Back