• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Reader (Seventy7 Ventures) - Want to acquire the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really disappointed to see this thrown so quickly into the Finances section. It might fit the subject of that section in many ways, but I feel like this deserves much wider coverage that the Shrimpers Chit Chat forum can offer, as opposed to the much smaller virtual footfall of the finances section where the majority of posters do not go.

I'm really disappointed to see this thrown so quickly into the Finances section. It might fit the subject of that section in many ways, but I feel like this deserves much wider coverage that the Shrimpers Chit Chat forum can offer, as opposed to the much smaller virtual footfall of the finances section where the majority of posters do not go.
A single tweet, however well intentioned (and we all wish Carl well with this) does not make this a showstopping news item - yet. It may well develop into one and that would be great news. Taking the transfer rumours thread as an example, this is currently no further forward than ❌ - albeit potential great news, supported by some old school pals of the chap behind the Twitter post.

A single tweet, however well intentioned (and we all wish Carl well with this) does not make this a showstopping news item - yet. It may well develop into one and that would be great news. Taking the transfer rumours thread as an example, this is currently no further forward than ❌ - albeit potential great news, supported by some old school pals of the chap behind the Twitter post.
it was on facebook, I wont speak for Carl, I can assure the fb message was the tail that has already wagged the internal dogs at the club..

Completely understand that point. However, to provide balance, there is also a Q&A and it won't become a showstopping news item without the coverage that the Shrimpers Chit Chat forum and its high virtual footfall can afford it. Wouldn't it be great if SZ helped to turn it into a showstopping news item by getting more eyes on it rather than waiting until further down the line? Being proactive and ahead of the curve rather than reactive is never a bad thing!

Completely understand that point. However, to provide balance, there is also a Q&A and it won't become a showstopping news item without the coverage that the Shrimpers Chit Chat forum and its high virtual footfall can afford it. Wouldn't it be great if SZ helped to turn it into a showstopping news item by getting more eyes on it rather than waiting until further down the line? Being proactive and ahead of the curve rather than reactive is never a bad thing!
There is no blind panic rush here. If Carl has the dosh this story will evolve. He might not though, for all we know. Buying the club with lots of borrowed money is one thing. Funding it through to success and paying back the borrowings quite another - ask any Man United fan (preferably one fTom Manchester!).

Pure blind hatred of Ron and desperation to see the back of him does not mean we throw the kitchen sink at any old Tom, Dick or Harry who tweets that he wants to buy the club. With the greatest of respect to Carl, all we know so far is what he himself has just posted on social media and that he went to school with Napster and Tribal Chief.

Let’s let this develop a bit before we go too goggle-eyed?

Q's

Q - How does he know he has sufficient committed cash to buy the club, develop stadium etc - has Ron named a price?

Q- have any discussions with Ron (or other club directors) happened?

Q - How long ago was he 41 when he wrote to Ron, twice. Did he get any response from Ron?

Unfortunately if uncle ron doesnt want to sell, then it's a non starter. Not sure what can be done to press the issue.

Unfortunately if uncle ron doesnt want to sell, then it's a non starter. Not sure what can be done to press the issue.
I think you're right. Everyone has their price though.

I suspect that Ron will be thinking along the lines of, "now we've started the work and are getting on with it someone decides to try and muscle in".

That's not my view, I just think that Ron will be thinking that. It's very much like the football chant to opposition fans, "where we you when you were ****?"

Carl has the enthusiasm and determination to succeed at whatever he does, and he has this football club at heart.

If he says he can do it, I’ll happily back him.

Go get it, C.
Anyone can have enthusiasm and determination, means precious little when it comes to running a football club and sure doesn’t guarantee he would make a success of it. How many million is he worth….can’t seem to see that anywhere?

Anyone can have enthusiasm and determination, means precious little when it comes to running a football club and sure doesn’t guarantee he would make a success of it. How many million is he worth….can’t seem to see that anywhere?

I can’t (and wouldn’t) comment on his finances. What I will say, he’s done very well for himself.

He has history of working with football clubs too. He’s the current Vice Chairman of a NLS team, afterall.

Now Ron you liar, we can all see people are interested. Get out of our club and let someone who cares take control #martinout

When were the approaches made? - hasn't it been a couple of years since Ron has said no one wants to buy*

*And in reality it's not just if someone wants to buy, but if they can meet his valuation/terms. Plus Ron may have been talking about just the football club - I don't think this consortium wants just the club.

Well Ron doesn’t know how to run a football club that’s for sure so can’t be any worse than him.
Let’s get the banners back out.!! #martinout

Interesting, very interesting!

The point remains though that Ron will most likely hold the club to ransom until his housing development is complete and he has made his fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back