• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Reader (Seventy7 Ventures) - Want to acquire the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worryingly, unless I'm mistaken Stan doesn't seem involved anymore and the general communication between club and fans in non existent again. Apologies if that's not entirely correct, I have given myself a little summer break from the heartache of SUFC.

I think he has been popping up occasionally. He popped up on a thread a week or so ago and from the tone of the message, it sounds like he is still involved.

Where's all the 'who's going to buy the club' brigade? Whether anything ever happens with this, it just shows that there are people out there who are at least interested. Unsurprisingly Ron has always said no one's ever been interested in the club even though I think there has been two or three other groups who have come out in the last couple of decades showing their interest. This just yet again proves Ron cannot be trusted as far as you can throw him. People just need to not believe anything he says. I'm amazed that we were under an embargo just a couple of weeks ago that was completely hidden from us and yet there's barely been a grumble. It just shows the state we're in as a fan base, we expected it to happen and it did to no surprise at all. Ron's just the luckiest chairman to get away with it time and time again. Dare we talk about a protest, most fans get upset trying to stick up their club, not Rons.

Worryingly, unless I'm mistaken Stan doesn't seem involved anymore and the general communication between club and fans in non existent again. Apologies if that's not entirely correct, I have given myself a little summer break from the heartache of SUFC.
As Carl himself has said the investors are interested in the property side of the deal. No indication of why they want a loss making football club in the long term. So splitting hairs a little, maybe Ron is correct in that no one wants to buy the club.

Where's all the 'who's going to buy the club' brigade? Whether anything ever happens with this, it just shows that there are people out there who are at least interested. Unsurprisingly Ron has always said no one's ever been interested in the club even though I think there has been two or three other groups who have come out in the last couple of decades showing their interest. This just yet again proves Ron cannot be trusted as far as you can throw him. People just need to not believe anything he says. I'm amazed that we were under an embargo just a couple of weeks ago that was completely hidden from us and yet there's barely been a grumble. It just shows the state we're in as a fan base, we expected it to happen and it did to no surprise at all. Ron's just the luckiest chairman to get away with it time and time again. Dare we talk about a protest, most fans get upset trying to stick up their club, not Rons.

I reckon both stan and Tom are involved in this one … that’s not a sinister underhand message, just would think two pragmatic guys with Southend’s best interestsat heart would be all over this with Carl and his team

You are mistaken.

Stan is 100% still involved.

For all we know Ron may now have contacted Carl and told him what he needs money wise to make it happen.

I might even be why we don’t have the questions thread anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: GDM
For all we know Ron may now have contacted Carl and told him what he needs money wise to make it happen.

I might even be why we don’t have the questions thread anymore.
Take yourself to the mirror and have a strong word with yourself.

Can’t be having that sort of logic on Shrimperzone

You are mistaken.

Stan is 100% still involved.

That's fair enough. All I know is I don't really know what he's doing, some will say it's none of my business and that's also fair enough but Stan has always said he wanted to be very transparent and in communication with fans. I think apart from a few very early on zoom calls, the communication is no better at all.

That's fair enough. All I know is I don't really know what he's doing, some will say it's none of my business and that's also fair enough but Stan has always said he wanted to be very transparent and in communication with fans. I think apart from a few very early on zoom calls, the communication is no better at all.
Have you read his post here @mattytheshrimper?

Have you read his post here @mattytheshrimper?

No I didn't see this and this is actually part of the problem, what if I'm not on Shrimperzone every single day? Does that mean you never hear anything? My point is, I'm sure he's doing some good work and it would be nice to hear about it maybe in a few different places so its available to more people. Just a thought.

No I didn't see this and this is actually part of the problem, what if I'm not on Shrimperzone every single day? Does that mean you never hear anything? My point is, I'm sure he's doing some good work and it would be nice to hear about it maybe in a few different places so its available to more people. Just a thought.
Where a post is positioned is the responsibility of the poster. Maybe it would help you if you clicked on the 'Members' button at the top of the page and then searched for 'StanCollymore' in the search window. Once you get him up you can see how many posts he has made and click on the number. This will then give you a list of all of his recent posts and you can pick and choose which ones you want to read.

Where a post is positioned is the responsibility of the poster. Maybe it would help you if you clicked on the 'Members' button at the top of the page and then searched for 'StanCollymore' in the search window. Once you get him up you can see how many posts he has made and click on the number. This will then give you a list of all of his recent posts and you can pick and choose which ones you want to read.
Not a bad suggestion but still, the odd post on Shrimperzone is not communication IMO. I'm not laying that at his feet, there's plenty of other people at the club that could also communicate with fans.

But do you hear anything that anyone at the Club does, bar the players when we see them at the weekend, or midweek?

We don’t need a running commentary of what people do. Do we know what Tom Lawrence does day to day? Do we know what Ron Martin does day to day? How about the ticket office staff, the groundsmen, Kevin Maher.

But do you hear anything that anyone at the Club does, bar the players when we see them at the weekend, or midweek?

We don’t need a running commentary of what people do. Do we know what Tom Lawrence does day to day? Do we know what Ron Martin does day to day? How about the ticket office staff, the groundsmen, Kevin Maher.
Does that mean fan engagement is non existent and irrelevant then? IMO it's extremely important and it seems any well run clubs does it quite well.

Does that mean fan engagement is non existent and irrelevant then? IMO it's extremely important and it seems any well run clubs does it quite well.

Not at all, but why call out Stan Collymore about it?

He has already said, on more than one occasion, he puts himself forward for a fan Q&A once a month, and it’s only happened once. That’s not his fault.

What stuff do you want to know?

Not at all, but why call out Stan Collymore about it?

He has already said, on more than one occasion, he puts himself forward for a fan Q&A once a month, and it’s only happened once. That’s not his fault.

What stuff do you want to know?

When did I call out Stan? I said in my post something along the lines of 'Unless I'm mistaken it doesn't seem Stan's involved anymore, could be wrong'. Is that calling him out? In my eye's it's definitely not.

It's not even about him, its about the club. As far as I'm aware the club signed up for meeting with fan groups once a month. Those few fans groups are a shut shop and don't let anyone in so organising an event is outside of my control. Why those fan groups haven't done anything, I wouldn't know. Should it be for fans to set up even, I don't know.

I'd love to know everything and anything, sadly a lot of it isn't that positive. One of my main question would be 'Why did you not feel the need to ever tell us we were under an embargo', I found out on twitter a day before it was all sorted by a reporter. Is it 3 embargo's in 12 months? Seriously worrying but we're all used to it now and there's no shock factor anymore.

I'd also love to know about all the positive stuff as well, some of it I just read in Stan's post such as the clear amount of extra sponsorship going on at the moment and the much better media work. Only problem is, we've been good at getting sponsors in but keeping them is another matter. I remember a big sponsor last year being very vocal about how unhappy he was with certain things at the club.

When did I call out Stan? I said in my post something along the lines of 'Unless I'm mistaken it doesn't seem Stan's involved anymore, could be wrong'. Is that calling him out? In my eye's it's definitely not.

It's not even about him, its about the club. As far as I'm aware the club signed up for meeting with fan groups once a month. Those few fans groups are a shut shop and don't let anyone in so organising an event is outside of my control. Why those fan groups haven't done anything, I wouldn't know. Should it be for fans to set up even, I don't know.

I'd love to know everything and anything, sadly a lot of it isn't that positive. One of my main question would be 'Why did you not feel the need to ever tell us we were under an embargo', I found out on twitter a day before it was all sorted by a reporter. Is it 3 embargo's in 12 months? Seriously worrying but we're all used to it now and there's no shock factor anymore.

I'd also love to know about all the positive stuff as well, some of it I just read in Stan's post such as the clear amount of extra sponsorship going on at the moment and the much better media work. Only problem is, we've been good at getting sponsors in but keeping them is another matter. I remember a big sponsor last year being very vocal about how unhappy he was with certain things at the club.

It’s the constant digs at Stan, not just from yourself, but various posters.

Closed shops? People have explained to you previously about the Shrimpers Trust, but you choose to ignore it. Stan has put himself forward to monthly meetings, but only one has happened, and they weren’t just for select groups. It was a first come first serve free ticket event.

A serious question. Do any clubs post about embargoes? I’ve not seen it. Why would you advertise it. It’s twice in 12 months, not the three that the journalist stated.

There has been some excellent work with regards to new sponsors brought in, even for stuff we’ve never had before, like the turmeric one. There is lots of positive stuff going on behind the scenes, but some of it is confidential until it’s signed, sealed and delivered.

It’s the constant digs at Stan, not just from yourself, but various posters.

Closed shops? People have explained to you previously about the Shrimpers Trust, but you choose to ignore it. Stan has put himself forward to monthly meetings, but only one has happened, and they weren’t just for select groups. It was a first come first serve free ticket event.

A serious question. Do any clubs post about embargoes? I’ve not seen it. Why would you advertise it. It’s twice in 12 months, not the three that the journalist stated.

There has been some excellent work with regards to new sponsors brought in, even for stuff we’ve never had before, like the turmeric one. There is lots of positive stuff going on behind the scenes, but some of it is confidential until it’s signed, sealed and delivered.

That's not my fault other people may being aiming digs at Stan is it? I actually genuinely assumed he'd moved on because I hadn't heard anything from him for quite some time.

I don't ignore anything, I just know how it works. I really cannot be bothered to get involved but when I once criticized them last season, they basically said 'you have a go then', I took them up on it and called their bluff and never heard any replies to my messages, just got abusive messages from them.

I don't many other clubs get themselves in such a situation but regardless we were promised transparency and I don't see that personally. There could be the best or worst work going on at the club, i don't know.

You know I just said there's some good stuff going on commercially right? It seems your cherry picking negative comments rather than anything remotely positive.

Anyways, that's my monthly visit to Shrimperzone done, the goody two shoes bore the life out of me.

That's not my fault other people may being aiming digs at Stan is it? I actually genuinely assumed he'd moved on because I hadn't heard anything from him for quite some time.

I don't ignore anything, I just know how it works. I really cannot be bothered to get involved but when I once criticized them last season, they basically said 'you have a go then', I took them up on it and called their bluff and never heard any replies to my messages, just got abusive messages from them.

I don't many other clubs get themselves in such a situation but regardless we were promised transparency and I don't see that personally. There could be the best or worst work going on at the club, i don't know.

You know I just said there's some good stuff going on commercially right? It seems your cherry picking negative comments rather than anything remotely positive.

Anyways, that's my monthly visit to Shrimperzone done, the goody two shoes bore the life out of me.

Well next month click on Stan first and you won’t bore the rest of us.

We cant have transparency when certain fans decode Every piece of info through their doomsday enigma machine.

But you are one of them.

People have tried numerous times with the Shrimpers Trust and yourself. I won’t go down that path again, I’m not a member. I can’t comment on what May or may not have happened with regards to messages etc.

Plenty of Clubs have been under embargoes in the last 12 months. Someone posted a link with the Club names. I’d wager that most didn’t publish this on their websites.

You did say that, I’ll give you credit on that one.

Never mind. See you next month then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back