• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carling Cup- Tottenham

What is the best way to get to Spurs? What train route is everyone else taking... Tube or Mainline?

Blue Army!

I believe theres an overground train which goes straight to white hart lane so i'll be gettin that
smile.gif

It goes from liverpool street.. im not too sure wht line it is on tho. but i'll look on the website and contact u.

yep platforms 1 to 8 from Liverpool street...

One Team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

It's the Cambridge/Harlow line, however there are huge queues after games as the trains aren't particularly frequent.

Another option is Seven Sisters tube station on the Victoria Line - a bit of a longer trek down the delightful Tottenham High Road, but I would guess a more more service and probably not as bust as White Hart Lane station.

Looking at a map of the area, Northumberland Park station might be worth using if White Hart Lane station is very busy.

There is a C2C train for Shoeburyness leaving Liverpool Street at 22:58, this will be worth getting if we can wrap up the tie in 90 minutes! There is also a C2C service leaving from Liverpool Street at 23:58, all the other C2C trains are running from Fenchurch Street though.

Southend Victoria to Liverpool St

Overground Liverpool St to White Hart Lane station

Short walk to the ground

Heaving on the trains, and a long queue on the way back but it is the most direct (done it once this season already)

Anyone else planning on going up early evening to sink a few bevvies before the game?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ((S)(U)(F)(C) @ Dec. 17 2006,19:01)]Anyone else planning on going up early evening to sink a few bevvies before the game?
Yea I am going up with a few mates from work who are Spurs fans.

Going about midday i think.

That'll give you plenty of time SUFC

Personally I've secured a car park spot at work so I'll be driving and parking north of the ground as close to the North Circular as possible. I've had many years experience of getting trains back from there in the past. Not good !

I will be leaving from Barking on the Gospel Oak line to South Tottenham and then take bus up Tottenham high rd from there. It saves going to London and back out again!

I was thinking if out of some miricle we actually push spurs to extra time and possibly penalties that will mean most likely missing the last train back from liv street or fenchurch??

there is a 00.50 train from Liverpool street back to Southend Vic, and as gates are open late at night i dont htink they have probs with C2C using it.

i am driving there, would like to get the train for the atmosphere and to be with all the shrimpers but me dad wants to drive.

i am leaving pretty early though at 4, as meeting a few Spurs fans up there!

cannot wait until wednesday!!!!!!!!

And now too the other important question! What time is everyone leaving that are going on the trains from Southend Vic?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Dec. 17 2006,16:34)]Heaving on the trains, and a long queue on the way back but it is the most direct (done it once this season already)
How long is a long que? Half and hour?

Do they lay on extra trains or is it a once a half hour job?

According to the timetable, trains depart White Hart Lane at 22.47, 23.02, 23.32, and 23.47. It takes 22 minutes to get back to Liverpool Street. On the Northumberland Park - Liverpool St. line there is only 1 train at 23.13.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Dec. 18 2006,12:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Dec. 17 2006,16:34)]Heaving on the trains, and a long queue on the way back but it is the most direct (done it once this season already)
How long is a long que?  Half and hour?

Do they lay on extra trains or is it a once a half hour job?
At least half hour

Back