• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Just got back from a great weekend...

Saturday, me and my girlfriend went to the Leeds festival. Nobody on we really wanted to see badly, but GLC, Ash, Hives, Darkness and Offspring would all be a decent watch. GLC were opening and on at 12...

We left the hotel in Castleford at 1030 for the 30 min drive to the festival site. Traffic was fantastic, no excess queing at all. The directions and signs around Leeds left a lot to be desired, but we were parked up at around 1120. I thought the guy on the gate was joking when he told us its over a mile to the site, but walk and walk and walk we did...

Again, no real bad queues inside, though it was obviously busy (nearly 60,000 people estimated). Rushing now to get to the main stage to see GLC at 12. Arrived just after 12:05 and about 12 of the GLC are onstage doing there stuff. Recognised "Half Man, Half Machine", "Your mothers got a penis" and "21 Ounces" - though the other songs were pretty good and GLC put on a great show - very funny. The clock was ticking towards 12:30 and I am getting excited about a live version of "Guns dont kill..." along with the massive crowd (Colin Murray the comapre was right in saying he'd never ever seen such a crowd for an opening act - it was RAMMED) - anyway... 12:30 came and went - the GLC went off and that was it - GUTTED - they must have opened with "Guns..." and I missed it!
sad.gif

Saw "Hundred Reasons" next and they were really good - better than I thought they would be. We then went really rock and roll - it was cold and we'd had enough of sitting on peoples burgers and noodles, so we brought 2 camping chairs, set up camp on a hill opposite the main stage and got some coffee! We attracted more 'sitters' so we had a little chair village in the end and I didnt feel such a wuss...

Anyways, the Hives were excellent - highly recommended. Ash were very good too, though didnt play all the hits they could have. Offspring rocked the place down and were ace, but by now it was really cold (didnt back anything warm!) and too many 15 year old kids ****ed on cider and stoned on whatever they could find were ****ing us off. Sorry Darkness, I'm sure you were great, but so was driving out of the site in no queues, back in the hotel, showered and in bed with my GF for 10:30!!!!

Great day out and thanks to the lads that stopped us when we were walking round the site and went down on their knees to sing 3 verses of "Joseph's technicolour dreamcoat" to my GF cos of her stripey fleece!!

Back