• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carlisle Fans

Reading Shrimper

First XI
Did anyone have much contact with Carlisle fans before/after the game? I stayed up in Longtown the night before and everyone I met was very friendly and welcoming.

However....
Upon arriving in Carlisle, what a disappointment. Loads of bitter, rude fans and lots of chavs hurling insults and abuse as we made our way to the car/left town. Definitley left a bad taste in the mouth about the place.

Spoke to the lady in the CUFC shop this morning when ordering today's match programme from them and she was very friendly and chatty. Spoke to a few who came to RH when Carlisle were here and they were decent folks too.

That is a shame to hear RS as I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Carlisle but hey, all clubs have their fair share of idiots following them I suppose.

How many SUFC fans were actually there today roughly?

I would hazard a guess at about 400, although it seemed like more. An excellent turnout and a cracking performance.

Top class indeed for 400 to go to the back of beyond on a journey like that.

Congratulations to all who made the trip. You are a credit to the club.

Spoke to the lady in the CUFC shop this morning when ordering today's match programme from them and she was very friendly and chatty. Spoke to a few who came to RH when Carlisle were here and they were decent folks too.

That is a shame to hear RS as I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Carlisle but hey, all clubs have their fair share of idiots following them I suppose.

How many SUFC fans were actually there today roughly?

The Carlisle match report says 450 which is pretty good going I think.

Then again, the same match report also said

Dobie almost doubled the lead in the 59th minute

So it could be one big jibberish megamix.

Didnt really have to much contact before the game but afterwards was talking to a Carlisle fan who was parked next to us and he was a decent bloke, was very worried about there current form aswell as going onto say we was a very good side who works very hard although in a services on the way back we spoke to one who was very bitter and to anyone listening to there local radio station after the game will know how bitter they was.

Regarding our attendance we thought there was about 600 of us in there.

Yeah, i was told 450..........also hats of to Ron, Tilly and brush for taking the time to walk across the pitch to acknowledge the Blues support

Most fans seemed genuine, was talking to a father & son in The Griffin (pub nearest the station) & they complimented us on being the loudest away fans and best footballing side they had seen all season. Also had some good banter with a couple of teenage kids walking back into town from the ground. Only idiot I encountered was some wannabe hooly who thought it was fun to try and get a reaction by pretending to wipe his nose down the sleeve of my shirt, a big beaming smile was enough to quell that particular threat!

Shame you encountered some idiots, but then again you're likely to find them at any away trip, especially if you win in the dying minutes!

I went to Carlisle 4 years ago when we won 2-1 and virtually confirmed their relegation out of the league, they were very hostile then. I remember them throwing coins at our fans, spitting at the linesman and after the game we were kept behind for about 15 minutes for our own safety as they were trying to break doors to get to us!

Carlisle website says we had 460 - maybe they've had a recount. Great support though and even better chatting with the players on the way home at the M6 services.

I reckoned it was nearer 600 as killing time before kick off,, I counted trhe seats in the rows of our section and there were 28 seats in a row. So four rows roughly made a hundred. But even counting five rows as a hundred, we still totalled nearer 600. Well it was cold and I was a little bored and impatient!!! lol.

Last edited:
Just getting in the car after the game when we got "Cheating southern b'stards" and "Soft southern b'stards" from a Carlisle fan in a passing car. He reckoned our players went down rather easily. We just smiled and drove off with three points packed safely in the boot.

We had a few issues with some Carlisle fans on the way back to the car,accused us of being cheating ****ing scum and we are the worst team that they had seen this season,didn't rise to the bait as I was too busy laughing at the **** dribbling as he was shouting at me.
Never mind I'm sure they will get over it onwards and upwards

Just getting in the car after the game when we got "Cheating southern b'stards" and "Soft southern b'stards" from a Carlisle fan in a passing car. He reckoned our players went down rather easily. We just smiled and drove off with three points packed safely in the boot.

That's the thing with these gobby opposition fans-they just want a reaction to their comments/actions that will provoke a fight.

Give them a smile or something they don't expect & they haven't got a clue how to react.

I have to say we walked back up that very long road into Carlisle town centre three SUFC fans among 100's of carlisle fans and felt completely safe. One fan walked the whole way with us and we had a conversation about all the possible permutations for League One over the next two weeks.
Also the Beehive pub before the game was full of both sets of fans with no hint of trouble.

What a game. So glad we made the trip.

I parked the motor in the Toby carbery and the two of us had no trouble getting back, and my Scarf was on full view. Indeed heard a few conversations with us being talked about as the best team there all season.

the carlisle blokes in da pub efore da game were friendly, it was a good mix between home and away. cnt remember da name of it tho

The season they went out of the league I paid a visit to Carlisle, and got hit in the head by a battery by one of their young hoolies, the stewards were told who he was and did nothing. Next visit a year ago passed off with no problems.

The season they went out of the league I paid a visit to Carlisle, and got hit in the head by a battery by one of their young hoolies, the stewards were told who he was and did nothing. Next visit a year ago passed off with no problems.

Yep, much sounds like the first couple of times I went there, where an element of undesireable teenage wannabe hoolies used to sit alongside the away end purely for the wind up, although worst that got thrown at us were cups of coffee & Bovril and ketchup soaked chips!

Carlisle didn't actually seem like the Royston Vasey hell-hole of old on Saturday!

Back